• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Are you shooting less, due to current events?

Cockroaches and Rossignols mustache will be the only survivors and the mustache will end up killing all the cockroaches so it’s really only the mustache

Rossignol said:
NiteSite, I love Alabama! Man what beautiful country down there, love those backwoods and brackish water!

Too bad yall think I'm a foreigner down there! :lol:

As long as ya act polite we won't bug ya too much.. Yes ma'am and Yessir are much appreciated.. Although nowadays even that is becoming less common.

When I got my Maverick 88, I had to wait around 30 mins for the background check.. and I thought that was bad!... I like Tennessee a lot more after reading this.

It's just a damned shame that 1 or 2 bad apples can spoil everything.

Southern by the grace of God!

As for shooting less.. I typically stay indoors as much as possible in the winter time.. So right now I ain't been shootin much.. I've looked at various spots for ammo... with not much luck.. Hopefully this will even out soon. I don't have a huge stockpile like some of ya'll..

A man walks in a T-shirt shop. There are three T-shirts on display.
The 1st has a picture of Rossignol with a white mustache. Below the picture is titled, "Got milk."
The 2nd T-shirt has a picture of Ronald Reagan with a white mustache on it. Below this picture it is titled, "Forgot milk."
The 3rd T-shirt has a picture of Monica Lewinsky with a white mustache on it, and the title on this shirt reads, "Not milk."

LogicallyInsane said:
Rossignol said:
NiteSite, I love Alabama! Man what beautiful country down there, love those backwoods and brackish water!

As long as ya act polite we won't bug ya too much.. Yes ma'am and Yessir are much appreciated.. Although nowadays even that is becoming less common.

I have worked with two Southerners in fire for quite a few years now. One from Kentucky and one from North Carolina. Some of the most upstanding and honorable folks I have ever had the pleasure to work with. I never question whether someone has my back when they are around ….but people from the PNW and Southerners usually are peas in a pod……other than the language barrier…Gription is not a word…Me: “take that cat up the hill and put some line across the top of that fire” Them:, ”I’d take the dozer up the hill but there aint no gription up there”……might could , useta could, thinks like that. We drop the “y’s” off everything too so that works. I will say the southerners here on M.O. are even friendlier than my boys, they tell me a damn Yankee is one that comes to the south and doesn’t leave

Rossignol said:
You are all individuals.

I saw what you did there..... :D

"Yes! We are all individuals!!"

MP%2B3%2B7.jpg

oli700 said:
LogicallyInsane said:
Rossignol said:

I have worked with two Southerners in fire for quite a few years now. One from Kentucky and one from North Carolina. Some of the most upstanding and honorable folks I have ever had the pleasure to work with. I never question whether someone has my back when they are around ….but people from the PNW and Southerners usually are peas in a pod……other than the language barrier…Gription is not a word…Me: “take that cat up the hill and put some line across the top of that fire” Them:, ”I’d take the dozer up the hill but there aint no gription up there”……might could , useta could, thinks like that. We drop the “y’s” off everything too so that works. I will say the southerners here on M.O. are even friendlier than my boys, they tell me a damn Yankee is one that comes to the south and doesn’t leave

Us redneck folk like to use simple words..
Gription is actually a perfect 'fancy' southern word. When you ain't got a grip on something you should add the "tion"... That way you got a gription on sumthin.. son.. lol

The funniest thing is talking to some of the older generation.. Even I have a hard time understanding them.. My dad is a perfect example.. He never "taught" me anything.. But he "learned" me a bunch.. I can still see the frown on my English teacher's face. :lol:

But as a whole, most southerners (well that were raised right) are pretty good people. And if you don't like the weather, just stay around for a day er two.. it'll change..

Rossignol said:
WooHoo! NiteSite got the reference!

That went over my head.......with your brains and the mustache's muscle, I'm not worried one bit about his gun ban nonsense

Nice pick up on the word play Nitesite! I have egg on my face after posting the video clip of the buying rocks for stoning scene from the same movie and tjis one sailed right over my head.

Logicallyinsane, brother, we use some differentt words, but its still yes ma'am and yes sir around here! ;)

Rossignol said:
Logicallyinsane, brother, we use some differentt words, but its still yes ma'am and yes sir around here! ;)

I'm the same way. Ma'am, sir...it's called respect.

Back