1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Arisaka

Discussion in 'Long Guns' started by LAZY EYED SNIPER, Jun 7, 2015.

1. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

My pleasure Sir...
  2. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Tracked down a replacement follower and mag spring this evening and the parts are on the way. Looks like I'll get to shoot it after all...
    SHOOTER13, John A. and cmcdonald like this.
  3. stigmata

stigmata 20g

That is great news. Can't wait for the report.
  4. cmcdonald

cmcdonald Forum Moderator Staff Member Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

^^^^^+ on that!!

Nice find bro...I'd give my eye teeth to shoot a piece of history like that.
  5. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Parts shipped out today, should arrive on Monday... :D
  6. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

That's awesome LES!!
  7. John A.

John A. Unconstitutional laws are not laws. Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

Probably the first time it's been fired since your grandpa picked it up off that island.

You may not be comfortable sharing video online, but that would be a worthy of doing it. If for nothing else, showing family.
  8. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Yes Sir, that would be cool...
  9. ironhead7544

ironhead7544 .22LR

Great piece of history for your family. I would be scared to shoot it. I would make a glass case and put it up.
  10. LAZY EYED SNIPER

I had my reservations at first, but after some research, speaking to a couple people familiar with the platform, and a thorough inspection, I'm confident the rifle is in good shooting condition.

I really like getting behind these old rifles every chance I get. Gives you a sense of the skill it must have required for a soldier to become proficient in shooting them. Most of the time I can't hit anything past 100yd...
  11. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Took some pics of the replacement follower and spring...

[​IMG]

Here it is in the condition I got it, with the empty mag well...

[​IMG]

Installed in the trap door...

[​IMG]

...and all closed up, ready to load and shoot...

[​IMG]

It now loads and chambers perfectly...

[​IMG]
    SHOOTER13, cmcdonald and John A. like this.
  12. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Here are some shots of the 7.7 x 58mm (middle) compared to a .30-06 (left) and a .308 (right)...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The round uses the same projectile as the .303 British. Most commercial ammo uses a 150gr bullet which pushes muzzle velocities in the neighborhood of 2500-3000 fps. Cases can be made by resizing .30-06 brass...
    SHOOTER13 and John A. like this.