• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Arisaka

^^^^^+ on that!!

Nice find bro...I'd give my eye teeth to shoot a piece of history like that.

That's awesome LES!!

Probably the first time it's been fired since your grandpa picked it up off that island.

You may not be comfortable sharing video online, but that would be a worthy of doing it. If for nothing else, showing family.

I had my reservations at first, but after some research, speaking to a couple people familiar with the platform, and a thorough inspection, I'm confident the rifle is in good shooting condition.

I really like getting behind these old rifles every chance I get. Gives you a sense of the skill it must have required for a soldier to become proficient in shooting them. Most of the time I can't hit anything past 100yd...

Took some pics of the replacement follower and spring...

Here it is in the condition I got it, with the empty mag well...

Installed in the trap door...

...and all closed up, ready to load and shoot...

It now loads and chambers perfectly...

Here are some shots of the 7.7 x 58mm (middle) compared to a .30-06 (left) and a .308 (right)...

The round uses the same projectile as the .303 British. Most commercial ammo uses a 150gr bullet which pushes muzzle velocities in the neighborhood of 2500-3000 fps. Cases can be made by resizing .30-06 brass...

Back