• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Armed customer kills armed robber in Dollar General store

Re: Armed customer kills armed robber in Dollar General stor

nitesite said:
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/28/13526604-armed-customer-shoots-dollar-store-robber-killing-him?lite

Chalk one up for the good guys.

AND for pistol competition and practice!

“He’s always been a marksman,” the man's wife told Jacksonville.com. “He shoots in competitions, but this is the first time he’s ever killed anyone and I don’t know how he’ll handle that.”

I hope the guys allrigjht with it.....

I hope he's ok too. I have to believe that if this happened more often, the crime rate would drop pretty well.

I like hearing stories where the good guy prevails.

I hope he comes out of it OK. The physical act of doing it and the psychological effects are very different. Some people are OK with it and some get really screwed up after something like that happens even if it was justified under those circumstances.

I only hope that he is OK and that this is starting to send a message to the would-be criminals out there. The more of these stories like this I hear the more I hope criminals are getting the message.

Chalk one up for the good guys.

Here's another one. Found it thanks to some insomnia.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...ls-intruder-with-single-shot-in-kentucky?lite

Jones was ready, quickly grabbing his loaded .22-caliber rifle from his bedroom.
When the intruder kicked open the door leading up from the basement, Jones fired a single shot.
“He kicked the door and as soon as he got inside, it was all over,” Jones told WLWT-TV.
“I was hoping another one would come up – I aimed right for his heart,” Jones, who served in the U.S. Army Air Forces from 1941 through 1946,

Back