• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Armed march on DC

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
On the 4th of July. This should be either very interesting or a non-event.

Libertarian activist and radio host, Adam Kokesh plans to lead an armed march on Washington, D.C. this Independence Day.

Launched as a group on Facebook, the "Open Carry March on Washington" hopes to get 1,000 supporters to march into the nation's capital with loaded rifles.

The group plans to meet at Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia. From there, they will march across the Memorial Bridge into Washington, D.C. and continue down Independence Avenue.

While Virginia permits open carry, Washington, D.C. does not issue any permit/licenses to carry a firearm.

The Facebook page states:

"This is an act of civil disobedience, not a permitted event. We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny."

The event is said to be non-violent and states that if the group is met with physical resistance, they will turn back.

"There's a remote chance that there will be violence as there has been from government before, and I think it should be clear that if anyone involved in this event is approached respectfully by agents of the state, they will submit to arrest without resisting," the event's page reads.

The event is open to unarmed supporters, journalists and welcomes law enforcement officers to join.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-wi ... we-wont-be

That will be very interesting if it happens. I don't see a shootout or anything like that but I see a lot of arrests. I can't believe they would let it go off without arresting anyone violating their idiotic laws.

Thanks for posting.

sounds idiotic to me. you don't march on the nation's capitol with loaded rifles unless your going to war. this is a good way to get every single participant arrested at the least and at the worst, turn into an outright bloodbath due to an itchy trigger fingered leo.

a bit too far imo

I have friends that oc'd AR's at the last 2A march in DC. I'm all for it within the context of 2A march but I do worry about some idiot screwing it up for everyone.

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

Edit: My Bad I had the wrong event in my head, the one I was thinking of was not the DC march.

carbinemike said:
That will be very interesting if it happens. I don't see a shootout or anything like that but I see a lot of arrests. I can't believe they would let it go off without arresting anyone violating their idiotic laws.

Thanks for posting.

And confiscating the guns. The success of something like this depends almost entirely on the turnout. If say 10,000 show up it might succeed in making the point without anybody getting busted. But if it's only a couple hundred, they're screwed. You can bet the Capitol police, Secret Service, etc. will be all over this between now and then.

I don't see this turning out well...

ripjack13 said:

Roger... I see complete ignorance going on here. This guy supports the 2a and wants to represent free Americans by willfully disobeying laws (regardless of how idiotic) and asking others to join in??? Only will hurt our fight and our cause, regardless of the outcome....

You know what is going to fly around the news IF this happens... "Domestic Terrorist"... "Extremist"... etc...

Itsricmo said:
ripjack13 said:

Roger... I see complete ignorance going on here. This guy supports the 2a and wants to represent free Americans by willfully disobeying laws (regardless of how idiotic) and asking others to join in??? Only will hurt our fight and our cause, regardless of the outcome....

You know what is going to fly around the news IF this happens... "Domestic Terrorist"... "Extremist"... etc...

A little research on Adam Kokesh this morning, shows that he's somewhat of a wacko loser. I think he's looking for publicity.

Itsricmo said:
Sorry Rick but so what?...George Washington was a terrorist.

oli700 said:
George Washington was a terrorist.

Not George, say it ain't so.

The British really did think the Founder's were a bunch of ungrateful scum who deserved to hang from the end of a rope. Good thing the Founders were armed with rifles that belonged on a battlefield.

It will be interesting to see if the armed march pans out or not.

oli700 said:
Itsricmo said:
Sorry Rick but so what?...George Washington was a terrorist.

Don't get me wrong, Oli. I just think right now, where we already are at a disadvantage, we should play it legal and safe. Say this guy goes into the city with "1000 raging gun nuts" and someone pops off a shot that starts a little war... what does that help our cause? We are already "evil" and "stupid"... walking down the streets with loaded firearms, purposely against the law, won't make us look like we can make good decisions on our own....

NOW, if the time comes where a "Show of Force" is needed to even the playing fields, call me up! I'm in for that! But right now, I don't think this is a smart move or the time to do it.

EDIT:
GunnyGene said:
A little research on Adam Kokesh this morning, shows that he's somewhat of a wacko loser. I think he's looking for publicity.

This doesn't help us any either.........

If it happens, it will go over like the Hindenburg.

arthur-cofod-hindenburg-zeppelin-bursting-into-flames-while-attempting-to-land-after-37th-ocean-crossing_i-G-36-3630-5OWEF00Z.jpg

Remember the guy here in TN that thought it'd be a good idea to sling his AR across his back for the state capitol rally?

The Blaze said:
Tenn. Gun Rally Interrupted After Police Arrest Man Carrying AR-15

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwbmYRN1EBE[/youtube]

A peaceful pro-Second Amendment rally in Nashville, Tenn., hit a bit of a snag after a man showed up with a loaded AR-15, forcing police to arrest him on the spot.

“Organizers often request that people who show up to rallies leave their weapons at home, but one man didn’t get that message and now faces a misdemeanor,” WSMV reports.

“Troopers arrested Reggie Robertson of Byrdstown for carrying an AR-15 as about 100 people gathered to express their concern about the proposals in Washington to limit semiautomatic assault rifles and high-capacity magazines,” the report adds.

Link to Full Story

TN allows for open or concealed carry for handguns, but carrying a loaded rifle in public is illegal. The guy knew better, but thought it would make a statement. It did. He was disarmed, arrested, and faces losing his legal right to carry for good. TN is a VERY gun friendly state, but they did not tolerate someone openly disobeying the law. With this proposed armed march on D.C. I foresee the same results for those involved, only with far more severe penalties...

I'm afraid this will end up being a net negative for gun rights and gun rights advocates. :cry: Not a good approach to sway anyone who might be on the brink of seeing things your way. Take care. Tom Worthington.

John A. said:
If it happens, it will go over like the Hindenburg.
I've been following this thread from the start and have read all of your comments with interest.

All of you have brought really valid points. But I have to agree with the last 4 posts.

From an outsiders point of view, I think it's a little early to be marching on your capitol packin' heat! That day may yet come. But I'd be willing to bet the powers that be would attempt to exploit that march to demonstrate "the public safety implications of guns in the hands of the wrong people".

Depending on the mood at the time, it could be used to bring pressure upon elected representatives who are fence sittin' on the whole gun control issue. It could go very badly for those involved in the march and for the rest of you depending on your representatives to do the right thing.

The last thing needed is good, patriotic people losing their right to bear arms through unsuccessful civil disobedience. This would only fuel the fire of the lefties. A day may come when the risk is well worth it...I don't think that day has arrived just yet. Just my 2 cents.

I'll raise ya another 2 cmc! While I'm all for the peaceful demonstration of our right to bear arms, I would caution anyone thinking of participating in such a march on D.C. Now more than ever, it is important that the public understands that we are not some crazy nuts trying to make a point. We are average citizens who are protecting our rights to protect our families, and yes... we own guns. While I'm sure some wouldn't agree, I personally don't feel that guns are what make me who I am. They are a part of my life and my families, but I also enjoy hiking, playing "sappy-dudes-with-a-beannie&beard" music on the guitar, running with the dogs and drinking good beer.

The majority of us, the large majority are average folks with good morals... but in addition to the golden retriever, 2 kids and the white picket fence we also have our AR15, Mossberg 500's, AK47's, Glocks and Revolvers etc... sitting in the closet or the safe (or in a holster!) ready to go when we feel the need calls for an armed response to a threat.

I think the unassuming"Respectable Gun Owning Neighbor" has a much greater influence (in support of our rights) on the people around him than the guy walking into D.C. knowing he's about to commit a crime. Lets keep our battles clean, intelligent and organized... no need to give the anti-gunners any more fuel to stoke their fires!

If there is an armed protest I doubt anyone carrying will get near the Capitol. There will be a wall of security around the area. Probably with signs for "free parking here ------>" and plenty of "valet attendants" in uniform...

From Kokesh website: http://www.adamvstheman.com/ . The guy is a certified lunatic, and judging from many of the posts on his forum at the above site, tends to attract other certified lunatics.

On the morning of July 4, 2013, Independence Day, we will muster at the National Cemetery & at noon we will step off to march across the Memorial Bridge, down Independence Avenue, around the Capitol, the Supreme Court, & the White House, then peacefully return to Virginia across the Memorial Bridge. This is an act of civil disobedience, not a permitted event. We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny. We are marching to mark the high water mark of government & to turn the tide. This will be a non-violent event, unless the government chooses to make it violent. Should we meet physical resistance, we will peacefully turn back, having shown that free people are not welcome in Washington, & returning with the resolve that the politicians, bureaucrats, & enforcers of the federal government will not be welcome in the land of the free.

this dude is trying to hand Obama his fodder for enacting an executive order on a silver platter... so many people telling him not to go forward on the fb page he links on his website, yet he's steaming forward like this will actually accomplish some good... such a complex this fool has.

AK said:
The majority of us, the large majority are average folks with good morals... but in addition to the golden retriever, 2 kids and the white picket fence we also have our AR15, Mossberg 500's, AK47's, Glocks and Revolvers etc... sitting in the closet or the safe (or in a holster!) ready to go when we feel the need calls for an armed response to a threat.

The term is "Sheep Dog" ;) Until that day comes, where an Armed Response is the last thing we have to play... we need to play their game and do this the right way. Follow the law, set a good example and show the public that we are their friends, family, neighbors, cashiers, transportation employees, fathers and mothers of their kid's friends, etc... We aren't a small group of extremist radicals, hell bent on a Military Coup... but a free people who can make smart choices for the betterment of our nation and are willing to stand to defend it... But this armed march does none of that, sadly.... :/ lol

Back