• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ATI 6 Position Collapsible Stock Review: Mossberg 500

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
p508107657-3.jpg

p593653989-3.jpg

p945895651-3.jpg

When looking for a shotgun stock there are many factors to consider. Personally, I was looking for a stock for my Mossberg 500 (home defense and/or tactical purposes). My ideal stock would be one that allowed for the Mossberg to be short enough to be easily maneuvered in an urban setting while having still having a a stock that is functional when needed. I had previously owned ATI products before so I decided to try out their two options that fit my needs; ATI top folding stock and ATI 6 position collapsible stock. I want to mention that there are several other companies that I could have gone with such as Blackhawk, Mesa Tactical, Phoenix Technology, etc.

The ATI units are packaged in a clear bag which helps shoppers get a better idea of what they are buying while at the store. This did not matter to me much since I bought the ATI stock online. Once I opened the bag there was another bag that contained the smaller hardware as well as guide for the product.

The installation was a breeze and was completed in only a few minutes. The instructions were thorough enough to clearly explain how to install the product but not complicated enough where they are hard to follow. The only tools needed are a philips head screwdriver and an allen key. One nice addition to this kit is that it comes with two extra base plates to allow you to install this item on a Remington or Winchester shotgun.

When it comes to using the stock I do not have a single complaint about the item. It easily collapses and extends with the touch of a button. This stock does a good job with recoil but could certainly improve in this area when compared to other available units for the Mossberg. I think this is a great tactical stock but if you are looking for the most reliable stock this may not be the one for you. I would not be confident that this stock would hold up when doing a mortar drill with it. The hardware that ATI provides could use some improvements as they are simply wood screws and are not the most durable option available to secure the stock to your Mossberg.

Re: ATI 6 Position Collapsable Stock Review: Mossberg 500

Updated

Back