1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

ATI Product Reviews

Discussion in 'ATI' started by DHonovich, May 4, 2011.

1. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator Sponsor "Philanthropist"

2. DHonovich

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First Impression: Well I feel like when I get a new Apple product and you first see the packaging. The packaging provides a sense of quality before you even get to open it up. It is nice to see a company pay attention to even the small details such as packaging. I would much rather a quality part in poor packaging than a poor part in quality packaging but it is nice to have best of both worlds :twisted: . When I did open the package up; this sense of quality remained after removing the Mossberg/Winchester mag-socket wrench. I know this only a mag-socket wrench BUT it really is a quality piece! Growing up racing motorcycles and then cars has made me a bit of a gear head so I always feel like a little kid on Christmas when I get new tools. Especially ones that are quality such as this ATI Mossberg/Winchester/Remington mag-socket wrench set. I sure wish my Snap-On tool came in boxes like this!

Use: The ATI Mossberg/Winchester mag-socket wrench works exactly as designed. It allows you to easily remove and install forends on your Mossberg 500.

I highly recommend this set to anyone who like to work on their own Mossberg 500!
    :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  3. DHonovich

ATI Scorpion Recoil System Pistol Grip Review Mossberg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh0DtiCi5pc[/youtube]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First Impression: ATI products are packaged as if Apple was now selling firearms products :ugeek: ! The attention to detail in the packaging is carried right through to the products. These are not the same ATI products that left many owners previously disappointed. I know because I owned the first generation ATI collapsible stock and the top folding stock. The improvements are tremendous. The new scorpion recoil system has a great feel to it and the redesigned grip is extremely ergonomic. I have to admit it is one of the best feeling grips available for the Mossberg 500. The bottom of the grip where the scorpion recoil system attaches is my only gripe that I have with this ATI product. Functionally it is excellent but there is a gap that goes around where it meets the polymer. Now this is not a big deal at all and even with my OCD it would not stop me from purchasing this stock. I just wanted to mention it because I really couldn't find any other faults. It is all the the little things like having bolts with lock-tight already on the threads that make you realize a lot of thought was put into producing this product. Overall I am very impressed with the quality of this stock.

Installation: ATI provides very clear instructions with lots of pictures to help guide you through the install. For some it can be a bit intimidating if its your first time modifying a shotgun but the instructions make it much easier to accomplish. All in all it was a very simple installation that required nothing more than a screw driver and some allen keys.

Use: The ATI Scorpion Recoil System Pistol Grip is :twisted: :twisted: . I have to admit I was extremely doubtful that the Scorpion Recoil System would effectively reduce recoil. My doubts quickly disappeared after shooting some bird shot down range. Reason being is that I have tested several pistol grips and the ATI Scorpion Recoil System Pistol Grip was the most forgiving on the wrist when it came to bird shot. Some of the other pistol grips like the BlackHawk version do a great job reducing recoil when it comes to the heavy loads such as buck shot and slugs but are no different than a basic pistol grip when it comes to shooting lighter loads such as bird shot. When I moved on to shooting the heavy loads such as buck shot and slugs I was again impressed by the reduction in felt recoil by this pistol grip. I shot over 100 rounds in one afternoon with the ATI Scorpion Recoil System Pistol Grip and my wrist felt great the next day (and this is with shooting a lot of one handed slugs).
  4. DHonovich

ATI Talon Tactical Shotgun Stock For 12ga Mossberg Shotguns

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1dd_-W9yE8[/youtube]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Scorpion Pistol Grip Recoil System
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Scorpion Buttpad Recoil System
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Swivel Mount
    [​IMG]
    Removable/Adjustable Cheekrest
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Spacer
    [​IMG]
    Old ATI Unit Vs New ATI Unit
    [​IMG]

First Impression: ATI products are packaged as if Apple was now selling firearms products :ugeek: ! The attention to detail in the packaging is carried right through to the products. These are not the same ATI products that left many owners previously disappointed. I know because I owned the first generation ATI collapsible stock and the top folding stock. The improvements are tremendous. The new scorpion recoil system has a great feel to it and the redesigned grip is extremely ergonomic. I have to admit it is one of the best feeling grips available for the Mossberg 500. The bottom of the grip where the scorpion recoil system attaches is my only gripe that I have with this ATI product. Functionally it is excellent but there is a gap that goes around where it meets the polymer. Now this is not a big deal at all and even with my OCD it would not stop me from purchasing this stock. I just wanted to mention it because I really couldn't find any other faults. It is all the the little things like having bolts with lock-tight already on the threads that make you realize a lot of thought was put into producing this product. Overall I am very impressed with the quality of this stock.

Installation: ATI provides very clear instructions with lots of pictures to help guide you through the install. For some it can be a bit intimidating if its your first time modifying a shotgun but the instructions make it much easier to accomplish. All in all it was a very simple installation that required nothing more than a screw driver and some allen keys.

Use: The ATI Talon Tactical Stock gets the job done! If you are looking for a collapsible stock for your Mossberg 500 or 590 then I highly suggest you consider the ATI Talon Tactical Stock. I have used and abused this stock to no end with my Mossberg 500 and it just keeps on going. The first generation ATI collapsible stock could not have taken the abuse that this second generation has. The ATI Talon Tactical stock has so many features that make it very comfortable to use; from the butt pad that is firm yet still does a great job reducing felt recoil, to the multiple locations to mount slings to, to the pistol grip that is extremely ergonomic and adds additional reduction in felt recoil with the scorpion system, to the 6 position collapsible stock which allows for perfect length of pull, to the adjustable cheek riser that ensures a perfect cheek weld. A major benefit of the ATI Talon Tactical stock is that it effectively reducing felt recoil with the heavy loads, like some of the other stocks on the market, but it also does a great job reducing felt recoil in the light loads. This is something unique to this system because a lot of the other stocks rely on spring systems which work well with the heavy loads but often do very little when it comes to the light loads. Another bonus of this ATI system is that you can quickly switch from a 6 position collapsible stock to a pistol grip to a side folding stock with the removal and installation of one torx bolt.
  5. DHonovich

ATI Talon Tactical Shotgun Stock W/ Aluminum Upgrade Package

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    MAKE sure you have this crush washer, some did not get shipped with it and your stock will come loose when shooting slugs or increased amounts of birdshot.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First Impression: ATI products are packaged as if Apple was now selling firearms products :ugeek: ! The attention to detail in the packaging is carried right through to the products. These are not the same ATI products that left many owners previously disappointed. I know because I owned the first generation ATI collapsible stock and the top folding stock. The improvements are tremendous. The aluminum buffer tube gives an extremely durable feel to this stock and I am confident that it will be able to withstand quite a bit of abuse. The new scorpion recoil system has a great feel to it and the redesigned grip is extremely ergonomic. I have to admit it is one of the best feeling grips available for the Mossberg 500. The bottom of the grip where the scorpion recoil system attaches is my only gripe that I have with this ATI product. Functionally it is excellent but there is a gap that goes around where it meets the polymer. Now this is not a big deal at all and even with my OCD it would not stop me from purchasing this stock. I just wanted to mention it because I really couldn't find any other faults. It is all the the little things like having bolts with lock-tight already on the threads that make you realize a lot of thought was put into producing this product. Overall I am very impressed with the quality of this stock.

Use: The ATI Talon Tactical Stock gets the job done! If you are looking for a collapsible stock for your Mossberg 500 or 590 then I highly suggest you consider the ATI Talon Tactical Stock. I have used and abused this stock to no end with my Mossberg 500 and it just keeps on going. The first generation ATI collapsible stock could not have taken the abuse that this second generation has. The ATI Talon Tactical stock has so many features that make it very comfortable to use; from the butt pad that is firm yet still does a great job reducing felt recoil, to the multiple locations to mount slings to, to the pistol grip that is extremely ergonomic and adds additional reduction in felt recoil with the scorpion system, to the 6 position collapsible stock which allows for perfect length of pull, to the adjustable cheek riser that ensures a perfect cheek weld. A major benefit of the ATI Talon Tactical stock is that it effectively reducing felt recoil with the heavy loads, like some of the other stocks on the market, but it also does a great job reducing felt recoil in the light loads. This is something unique to this system because a lot of the other stocks rely on spring systems which work well with the heavy loads but often do very little when it comes to the light loads. The aluminum upgrade package makes the length of pull approximately 1.5" longer than the normal ATI Talon Tactical and is marginally heavier. I have abused both versions with zero failures so I can not decide if the aluminum package is any stronger but it certainly has a more durable "feel" to it. Another bonus of this ATI system is that you can quickly switch from a 6 position collapsible stock to a pistol grip to a side folding stock with the removal and installation of one torx bolt.
  6. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Just received ATI's 12ga forend tool and heat shield. I love the tool and the heat shield was a breeze to install. Here's a pic...

[​IMG]
  7. DHonovich

Looks great, isn't it a sweet tool!
  8. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Yes Sir it IS!

Makes takedown a LOT easier. Very well made too...
  9. FC2KING

FC2KING Copper BB

Will the ATI Tactical Shotgun Forend fir my Mossberg 590A1 SPX? I was about to order it from their site and it says to check to make sure newer Mossbergs to ensure it has a removable forend
  10. ATIgunstocksUSA

ATIgunstocksUSA ATI Outdoors "Philanthropist"

Our ATI Forends will fit the Mossberg 590s as long as the shotgun has a forend tube. Mossberg has a new style forend which doesn't use a forend tube. They have been using on these new forends on some of their new shotguns, which is why we say to check and make sure the newer Mossbergs have removable forends.
  11. DHonovich

my Marlin 60 .22lr build...

All stock...
    [​IMG]

ATI Fiberforce Stock...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  12. DHonovich

13. DoubleTap

DoubleTap Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ATI is proud to introduce the Halo Heatshield. The Halo Heatshield is the industry’s first ever “Free Floating” Heatshield. The rear of the Heatshield is secured to the rear of the barrel with a DuPont® Extreme Temperature Polymer Clip while the front of the Heatshield is suspended above the shotgun barrel by two DuPont® Extreme Temperature Polymer V Blocks. Both the Rear Clip and Front V Blocks include an underlying High Temp Resistant Silicon pad that can withstand temperatures in excess of 600˚F.

*The Industry’s First Ever Free Float Style Design to Prevent any Metal to Metal Contact Between the Heatshield and Shotgun Barrel
    *Constructed of High Strength Steel With Matte Black Powder Coating
    *DuPont® Extreme Temperature Polymer Clip and V Blocks Secure the Heatshield to the Shotgun Preventing Sliding and Movement of the Heatshield
    *High Temp Resistant Silicon Pads Protect the Shotgun Barrel Finish
    *Includes Aluminum CNC Machined ATI Dovetail Picatinny Rail Attachment (Rail not included)
    *Aluminum CNC Machined Ghost Ring Sights
    *Fits With or Without a Mag Extension
    *Manufactured in the USA
    *Limited Lifetime Warranty

Fits 12 GA Remington 870 Shotguns

*Halo Heatshield Length is 16 1/4" or 16 1/2" with the optional 2" Picatinny Rail Installed

*Halo Heatshield may not fit 18" Barrels with a Muzzle Standoff

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First Impression: ATI did it again with the packaging on their new Halo Heatshield. It comes in a very well thought out case that holds the heatshield, hardware, and instructions. The finish on it is very durable and matches my 870's finish as well.

Installation: Installation was like any other ATI product. Everything is well documented and photographed so, if you are a more of a visual learner, you can still go through it with ease.

Use: I have not had the chance to shoot it with the heatshield on yet. Given how sturdy it feels and the fact that it doesn't rest on the barrel; I see no reason it will prevent the heat transfer from transfering. I will update this thread as soon as I get some range time with this setup.

I have to admit that at first I was skeptical of the ATI halo heatshield with respect to how strong or secure the rear mounting clip was; I was pleasantly surprised with the setup after installing both the front and rear mounts of the heatshield. The heatshield is extremely secure and will not be moving anywhere. The same went for the ghost sights; I was not fond of them at first. I installed them anyway and I'm glad I did. It completes the whole package and are very functional when combined with the ATI tactical talon stock with adjustable riser. It would be nice if there was some adjustability to the sight or an upgrade to have tritium sights.
  14. DoubleTap

DoubleTap Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

*Six Position Collapsible Buttstock
    *Scorpion Recoil System
    *Scorpion Razorback Recoil Pad – Non-Slip, Removable
    *Scorpion Recoil Pistol Grip – Ergonomic, Sure-Grip Texture
    *Recoil Impact is Absorbed – Shooting any Load Size can now be Done with No Pain being Transferred to the Shooter
    *Reduces the Challenge of Reacquiring the Target by Minimizing the Muzzle Lift
    *Not Affected by Chemicals
    *Remains Flexible in Extreme Temperatures
    *Eliminates the Felt Punch of the Recoil
    *Removes Limitations from Spring and Piston Type Recoil Suppression System
    *Triton Mount System
    *Constructed of Military Type III Anodized, 6061 T6 Aluminum
    *Securely Fasten your ATI Tactical Stock or Rear Pistol Grip with no Specialized Tools
    *Angled, Self-Aligning Dovetail Locking System for Easy, Secure Installation
    *Interchangeable Sling Mount Locations for Left- and Right-Handed Shooters
    *Additional Spacer for when Sling Mount is not in use
    *Tactical Shotgun Forend with Rail Locations at 90° Around the Circumference of the Forend
    *Military Type III Anodized, 6061 T6 Aluminum
    *Two 2” Picatinny Rails
    *One 2" Picatinny Rail with Swivel Stud
    *Six Position Commercial Buffer Tube
    *Buffer Tube Adapter
    *3M Industrial Grade Self-Adhesive Soft Touch Cheekrest Pad
    *Removable/Adjustable Cheekrest (3/8”)
    *6° Drop Tube Adapter for Recoil Comfort
    *DuPont® Extreme Temperature Glass Reinforced Polymer Stock
    *Manufactured in the USA
    *Limited Lifetime Warranty

Fits
    Most 12 GA Remington 870 Shotguns

[​IMG]

First Impression: ATI's packaging is unlike many other manufacturer's out there; they ship their products in a vary intuitive way. What makes it great is the fact that everything is so simple to unpack and all the components are labeled. The instructions also provide you with more then enough guidance to make installation a breeze, and they are in COLOR! When was the last time you had a manual that was in color?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Installation: Installation was relatively straight forward. ATI provides you with a great instruction manual with pictures that, for me, help the most. They also give you variations of the install in case you have other modifications done to it as well.

Use: After the installation was complete it felt like I had a brand new shotgun again. Their Destroyer Gray color looks amazing! I'm not a huge fan of the all black; so, the color really breaks it up. ATI's Scorpion Recoil Pistol Grip feels amazing and with their Scorpion Razorback Recoil Pad, recoil is cut tremendously. The one thing that really stands out to me is their forend. I have been looking for the right one for quite some time know and I think I may have found it. It has a great feel to it and it allows you to mount a rail in three different positions. Another great feature this stock and many other ATI stocks have is the Triton mounting system. It allows you to quickly remove and interchange any ATI stock or pistol grip that utilizes this system on the fly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator Sponsor

The grey looks sweet! I'm really impressed with what I'm seein from ATI!
  16. DHonovich

17. nemajnsf

nemajnsf Copper BB

18. DHonovich

Re: ATI's Scorpion recoil system?

That is a really tough decision to make; I use both regularly but I like the akita a lot personally.
  19. 3skulls

3skulls .270 WIN

Doubletap, that gun looks pretty bad ass.
    How do you like that forend? Is the rail on it or is it cut out to fit around the rail?
  20. nemajnsf

nemajnsf Copper BB

I guess it really comes down to the pros and cons of pistol grip vs traditional