• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ATI Scorpion Pad vs. Blackhawk CompStock for recoil

WolfPak

I have searched the forum and found individual reviews for the ATI Akita with Scorpion Recoil Pad and the Blackhawk CompStock. It seems both reduce recoil, but has any one done a head to head test to see which one reduces it more?

Ok, it looks like maybe this request is too specific how about the ATI Scorpion Recoil pad vs. a KNOXX stock in general?

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

I own both stocks and have tested them back to back and I prefer the ATI over the blackhawk. My main reason was that the blackhawk did not do a great job of reducing recoil with the smaller loads like birdshot. I think the blackhawk was a little better when it comes to shooting slugs though.

I would sell the blackhawk for about 75 shipped if you were interested.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8xTteNRfGs[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1dd_-W9yE8[/youtube]

Daniel thanks, that it's exactly the info I was looking for. I'll give your offer some thought. I am still trying to decide between the Comp Stock and the Akita. The Speed Feed on there now is too long a LOP for me as I am only 5'7" and wear a size 42 jacket. The distance between my thumb and nose/cheek is about 3 inches.

So I decided to get the ATI Akita w/ the Scorpion Recoil pad for the adjustable LOP aspect. I finally got to the range tonight to try it out. All I can say is FANTASTIC recoil reduction and many thanks to DHonovich for the reviews that helped to make my decision. I shot the Spec-ops gen1 on a Remington 870 and I do not remember it absorbing the felt recoil as well as the Scorpion pad, but don't get me wrong the Spec-ops is still good.

The Scorpion pad eats up felt recoil. I was able to get back on target almost instantaneously. In combination with using the push-pull technique it does not even feel like I shot 25 slugs and 20 00 buck in an hour.

I highly recommend this stock. It makes shooting a 12 guage fun.

I forgot to mention I bench pressed yesterday so I started out a little sore at the range so the Scorpion pad really does its job.

I am glad you are enjoying your AKITA stock! I know it spends a lot of time on my Mossberg 500.

Back