• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ATI Talon Tactical Shotgun Stock for 12 GA Mossberg Shotguns

Re: ATI Talon Tactical Shotgun Stock for 12 GA Mossberg Shot

DSCN1357.jpg

*Six Position Collapsible Buttstock
*Scorpion Recoil System
*Scorpion Razorback Recoil Pad – Non-Slip, Removable
*Scorpion Recoil Pistol Grip – Ergonomic, Sure-Grip Texture
*Recoil Impact is Absorbed – Shooting any Load Size can now be Done with No Pain being Transferred to the Shooter
*Reduces the Challenge of Reacquiring the Target by Minimizing the Muzzle Lift
*Not Affected by Chemicals
*Remains Flexible in Extreme Temperatures
*Eliminates the Felt Punch of the Recoil
*Removes Limitations from Spring and Piston Type Recoil Suppression System
*Triton Mount System
*Constructed of Military Type III Anodized, 6061 T6 Aluminum
*Securely Fasten your ATI Tactical Stock or Rear Pistol Grip with no Specialized Tools
*Angled, Self-Aligning Dovetail Locking System for Easy, Secure Installation
*Interchangeable Sling Mount Locations for Left- and Right-Handed Shooters
*Additional Spacer for when Sling Mount is not in use
*Tactical Shotgun Forend with Rail Locations at 90° Around the Circumference of the Forend
*Military Type III Anodized, 6061 T6 Aluminum
*Two 2” Picatinny Rails
*One 2" Picatinny Rail with Swivel Stud
*Six Position Commercial Buffer Tube
*Buffer Tube Adapter
*3M Industrial Grade Self-Adhesive Soft Touch Cheekrest Pad
*Removable/Adjustable Cheekrest (3/8”)
*6° Drop Tube Adapter for Recoil Comfort
*DuPont® Extreme Temperature Glass Reinforced Polymer Stock
*Manufactured in the USA
*Limited Lifetime Warranty

Fits
Most 12 GA Remington 870 Shotguns

DSCN1356.jpg

First Impression: ATI's packaging is unlike many other manufacturer's out there; they ship their products in a vary intuitive way. What makes it great is the fact that everything is so simple to unpack and all the components are labeled. The instructions also provide you with more then enough guidance to make installation a breeze, and they are in COLOR! When was the last time you had a manual that was in color?

DSCN1359.jpg

DSCN1361.jpg

Installation: Installation was relatively straight forward. ATI provides you with a great instruction manual with pictures that, for me, help the most. They also give you variations of the install in case you have other modifications done to it as well.

Use: After the installation was complete it felt like I had a brand new shotgun again. Their Destroyer Gray color looks amazing! I'm not a huge fan of the all black; so, the color really breaks it up. ATI's Scorpion Recoil Pistol Grip feels amazing and with their Scorpion Razorback Recoil Pad, recoil is cut tremendously. The one thing that really stands out to me is their forend. I have been looking for the right one for quite some time know and I think I may have found it. It has a great feel to it and it allows you to mount a rail in three different positions. Another great feature this stock and many other ATI stocks have is the Triton mounting system. It allows you to quickly remove and interchange any ATI stock or pistol grip that utilizes this system on the fly.

DSCN1360.jpg

DSCN1364.jpg

DSCN1363.jpg

DSCN1366.jpg

DSCN1383.jpg

Dude, that looks great!

The pictures don't even do it justice.

First, I would like to thank Mossbergowners.com for all the information that the community provides! The information on this site is far better than youtube or other shotgun forums.

That being said, I went with the Talon Tactical Six Position Shotgun Stock (Model Shipped: A.1.10.1140 from Amazon) on a Mossberg 500 Cruiser.

http://gyazo.com/fba6e7c3ace093f12f5219158092ba38
http://gyazo.com/0f742e0fb0362623e0846c25e576ab41

I picked the stock based on the thread viewtopic.php?f=17&t=655 and was HAPPY when I discovered it's a Wisconsin company. Installation of the stock was very easy with the exception of loosing the factory Mossberg bolt on the pistol grip which did take some force.

So far I've shot 24 rounds with the stock installed with a mix of 00, #4, and target. I have to say it's a good multipurpose stock! I'm 6'4" and played around with the different positions but I do like close and tight the best but that's probably just me. I feel very comfortable that my wife will have no problems with the ATI stock for home defense purposes.

Great lookin set-up Gixxer11, glad to have you on board!

Thanks for sharing your impression of the stock. Be sure to stop by our new member sub-forum and introduce yourself to the crowd...

Gixxer11 we're glad you like it and happy it found a good Wisconsin home! Don't forget we have a photo contest on our Facebook page right now...

Glad I found this thread. I still need to install this Buttstock, yes a little intimidating. However, this thread gives a vote of confidence.

Thx!!!

Good deal!

Let us know how it goes and be sure to post up any questions you may have along the way...

Good deal, poor availability...
But this stock fits prefect in my new 500 mariner and with the destroyer gray color looks fantastic...
Now to get a sling and a ghost ring sight for practice, practice and more practice!

Attachments

• 500 mariner destroyer gray.JPG
    500 mariner destroyer gray.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 750

I love that destroyer gray color!

I've got this 1300 field model with a 28" barrel. Sorry, not one of my Mossbergs this time. Its every bit of 30 years old with original wood furniture. While not in bad shape, I could see cracks beginning in the stock where it attaches to the receiver. I want to preserve the furniture and wanted to change it out before carrying it into the field and stressing it any further.

On recommendation I installed a stock from ATI;
http://www.atigunstocks.com

I received and installed my ATI "Talon Tactical Stock System with Scorpion Pad and Scorpion Recoil Grips".

Yes, its a 6 position adjustable AR styled stock on a traditional vent ribbed field gun, but bear with me.

My daughter will often bird hunt and shoot with me, the adjustable stock makes a good deal of sense here, as well as I also like a shorter LOP where most factory LOP's are right about 14".

I have the adjustable cheek piece on it too and have found it very easy to move into a position to get a perfect cheek weld and sight down the vent rib to the bead.

The recoil pad and grip feel great! My hands are wide but not particulary big and many grips just never feel right, for example, a double stack Glock and similar guns aren't the least bit comfortable to me, where as a .45 ACP feels great and natural. The ATI Scorpion grip looks largeto me, but has a plush palm swell and fingergrooves, it fills my hand with out feelin like I have to stress my grip to maintain a hold on it, you what I mean, like if a grip is too big so you squeez extra hard or white knuckle your hold on it to keep it in place. Well this fits without doin all that. Its def bigger than a standard M4/AR grip, but is very ergonimically designed for a positive, natural, relaxed and comfortable grip.

Ill be shooting tomorrow again so ill get back here with more feedback, impressions and opinions. Maybe some pics too! But as of right now I'm pleasantly surprised and impressed with the feel of it! Its far from a traditional look, but I'm farfrom traditional myself. Heck, last year I bird hunted with some success, using a 20" Mossberg 590A1 with a trirail forend fitted with a Magpul AFG and single point sling. So why not a Winchester field gun and adjustable stock! :D

Later!

Looks good PK380! Really diggin that color combo.

Good to hear you are liking your ATI stock, Brad. I really do love the one on my 500 12g. I posted it in another thread, but I'd stay away from adding the M4 style LimbSaver pad. It just was not designed for shotgun recoil and I think the stock Scorpion recoil pad does a much better job at absorbing recoil. Just my two pennies though.

If you're looking for a more traditional style stock that is adjustable the ATI Akita stock looks like a nice peice of gear. I may throw one on the 500 20g in the near future. Still trying to decide between that and the Hough stock.

Yeah man, I think on the Mossys I much prefer the traditional stocks.

I really REALLY like this stock on the Winchester!

Oh! If you get a chance, check out ATIs site and look at the Winchester stuff. You'll see a field model with the Talon stock. Don't know why but it looks alright on there!

Ill get some pics soon!

Texas_Made said:
How does the Scorpion recoil buttpad differ from the 1st generation ATI tactical stock's?
Does it reduce felt recoil better than the 1st ?
Is it made from same material ?
I am thinking about replacing the one on my 1st gen. tactical stock.

DHonovich said:
It is a night and day difference. The pad is made from a different material and I would highly suggest upgrading if you are thinking about it.

Are we talking about the difference between this (http://www.atigunstocks.com/tactical-st ... rend-.html) and this (http://www.atigunstocks.com/tactical-st ... ckage.html)? I opted for the polymer stock for monetary reasons but I've seriously considered just making the plunge for the aluminum upgrade. If anyone could shed some light on the topic, I'd be very appreciative. :D

They're referring only to the recoil pad (the soft part on the end of the stock). ATI has two different versions. The newer one is made of a different, softer material.

As for the aluminum vs polymer difference, you can see ATI's and DHonovich's response to that very question that I posted in this thread when I was trying to make the same decision. ---> ATI Aluminum Upgrade Package

That Destroyer Gray is pretty legit! Would be a nice match to pair up with Urban Digital ACU/BDU

Sn3aKyGuY said:
They're referring only to the recoil pad (the soft part on the end of the stock). ATI has two different versions. The newer one is made of a different, softer material.

As for the aluminum vs polymer difference, you can see ATI's and DHonovich's response to that very question that I posted in this thread when I was trying to make the same decision. ---> ATI Aluminum Upgrade Package

Thanks Guy! Exactly what I needed. I'm fairly new to the world of firearms, and as such I'm still trying to learn a lot. The input is extremely helpful.

No problem. We're here to help where we can. On the off chance that someone doesn't know, we have a good offering of vendors that can usually get answers for you.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
On the off chance that someone doesn't know, we have a good offering of vendors that can usually get answers for you.

There should be a Vendor Appreciation Day :D

Back