• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ATI Talon Tactical Shotgun Stock for 12 GA Mossberg Shotguns

Re: ATI Talon Tactical Shotgun Stock for 12 GA Mossberg Shot

Just installed this on my 590a1 this past weekend. I can't wait to get out and shoot it. Went on pretty easy with good detailed instructions. Little difficult adding the sling plate but nothing too hard, just needed some patience and a small flat head to get the stock side mount off to put the plate on. They gave me the circular one, not the slotted plate. I want to add a magpul ms3 sling that I plan to order this week. The clips look too big. I'm gonna use a heavy duty split key chain to attach the sling to after the ring is on the plate. I read about this solution online. Any other suggestions would be appreciated though.

I bought a kit for my 590A1 that included the forend. I'm happy with the stock easy to install and looks great. But the forend is a diffrent story. I'm not happy with it at all. It has to go on first the direction have you putting on the stock first. It does not fit well I had to file the spacers down that fit in each end of the forend just to get the barrel back on. The back one is completely gone under the barrel the front one is very thin. Anyone else had this issue.

thanks

Made these for the ATI stock for the same reason. Made from 1/8" steel. If interested PM me.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367252606.358178.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21367252606.358178.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 365

27fountain said:
I bought a kit for my 590A1 that included the forend. I'm happy with the stock easy to install and looks great. But the forend is a diffrent story. I'm not happy with it at all. It has to go on first the direction have you putting on the stock first. It does not fit well I had to file the spacers down that fit in each end of the forend just to get the barrel back on. The back one is completely gone under the barrel the front one is very thin. Anyone else had this issue.

thanks

The kit was A.1.10.1145
Is it because the 590A1 has the heavy wall barrel? I'm really concerned about the forend. I wanted to add a light so i need the rail system. But I'm thinking about putting the stock forend back on.
thanks

Your assumption is spot on.

The added thickness of the 'A1 barrel causes fitment issues with many aftermarket forends...

I hate to revive an older thread, but could someone tell me is it hard to reach the slide release with this type of stock ? I plan on ordering one for my 590A1 if it does not interfere with reaching the slide release.

Bud,

I can't really speak from personal experience with this platform of stock, but I did have the MESA LEO adapter and it might as well be the same thing with all things being equal...

I didn't have a problem reaching my slide release (Mossberg 500), as with all new things, you must get a "feel" for it and be comfortable using your weapon with the new platform. It isn't that much different from using a standard stock IMHO.. Instead of me using my middle finger to bump the release (like one may for a standard stock), I used my thumb that was right by it, like on a pistol for the magazine release... Nothing like having to get used to the Tang Safety with a Pistol Grip lol

You do have to shift your grip a bit with this type of stock, but good news is you only have to do it to chamber the first round. Once the first round is fired, the slide release is automatically disengaged each time you fire. Only time you'd need to press it multiple times or hold it down would be to manually unload the tube...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
You do have to shift your grip a bit with this type of stock, but good news is you only have to do it to chamber the first round. Once the first round is fired, the slide release is automatically disengaged each time you fire. Only time you'd need to press it multiple times or hold it down would be to manually unload the tube...

Good Point! lol

I bought the ATI Talon Tactical 6 position with the Scorpion pads on the grip and the stock. I hated shooting this Mossy 500 cruiser 18" pump because the recoil for me was just to much. Now with the ATI installed it is like a different gun. The gun still kicks but I sure don't feel any discomfort. This product is the cats meow and does an excellent job.
Notice in the install directions not to over tighten the screws or bolts. Notice also there will be a gap between the stock to the carrier so don't try tightening to draw up the gap. You very possibly will strip the screws.
I feel this was well spent $89.95.

Attachments

• mossberg tactical 004.JPG
    mossberg tactical 004.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 122

Lookin good gman, thanks for the business!

Sounds like you're a happy customer, be sure to stop by www.atigunstocks.com if you need any help or just want some more toys haha.

My wife bought the 500 talon for me last year for Xmas 2012...Nice HD gun...I have more fun with my 930 semi auto though!

Again another revive. Just putting in my two-bits. I have a few ATI stocks as I am always experimenting. The first stock swap was to a side fold but I found in the thick bush it would catch. I switched to the tactical and like that but as with the original factory stock just too long for the bush. Finally I put the top folding stock on my 500 marine. I pack this when prospecting the rough coastal areas here in British Columbia. It gives good access to the top slide safety and doesn't snag the brush much. Tried trap shooting at my son's with the top folding - just a little hard on the shoulder. Next trip to his place will be with the tactical stock!!

Back