1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to view and order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

ATTN: Cartridge Stopper QC Issue for Pump Actions (FTF)

Discussion in 'Firearm Maintenance, Safety And Troubleshooting' started by Water Monkey, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Scott M

Scott M .270 WIN "Philanthropist"

I'll run some rounds through this 590 and if reliable, I'll keep her. If not, it will be Benelli Nova or M4 time...
  2. Scott M

Holly Molly, where to start..

Fedex just left and I opened the shipping box to find a new forend slide assembly and a cartridge stop. Not the cartridge interrupter I needed, but a cartridge stop. Oh, Sweet Jesus; what is going on at Mossgerg?
  3. oli700

oli700 12g Supporter "Philanthropist"

sucks man, I was trying to save you from dealing with them...good idea getting another one. At least you aren't depending on the part like you said.
    The company's CS is in need active management....from active managers. If they had that , training to make them familiar with the products, not experts but familiar with general function and parts....
  4. Scott M

oli, your fix worked like a charm, thanks again. Not impressed with Mossberg, though. They aren't going to get my email until Monday. I'll keep everybody posted as this is getting interesting. I wonder what they will send me next? :)
  5. oli700

oli700 12g Supporter "Philanthropist"

a bent interrupter
  6. Scott M

:lol: Probably!!
  7. Tommyid1

Tommyid1 .22LR

8. Scott M

Joseph emailed me on the 13th that he is shipping a shell interrupter, finally... It's been a month and a half.
  9. Scott M

Got the cartridge interrupter Thursday 11/20. Now with almost all new parts, nearly two months after purchase.

Whew....Glad that is over.
  10. aksavanaman

aksavanaman Work In Progress... Supporter "Philanthropist"

Everything working well then?
  11. Scott M

All reassembled with just the interrupter as a new part, and she cycles rounds like she should!! Ya Hoo!!
  12. Andrew Gilland

Andrew Gilland Copper BB

13. SEAlaskan

SEAlaskan Mossberg 500 Supporter

When I had this issue, I replaced the cartridge stop, cartridge interrupter and slide tube assembly for good measure and the gun works flawlessly now.
    Andrew Gilland likes this.
  14. Andrew Gilland

Andrew Gilland Copper BB

Mossberg said they did that the 1st time I sent it back. Hopefully they get it right this time.
    SEAlaskan likes this.
  15. SEAlaskan

SEAlaskan Mossberg 500 Supporter

I hope so too Andrew. If you need any help with it feel free to ping me or anyone here and we'll do our best to get you back up and runnin.
    Andrew Gilland likes this.
  16. Andrew Gilland

Andrew Gilland Copper BB

Thanks
  17. Andrew Gilland

Andrew Gilland Copper BB

Got the 500 back today 6/2/15, They replaced the whole lower half of the gun(new receiver ,new serial # ). They left the original barrel. Seems to be working good now.
    SEAlaskan likes this.
  18. lionsgate01

lionsgate01 .22LR

I did write to Mossberg asking for new cartridge stop and cartridge interrupter and I was surprised what was sent.
    The new cartridge stop is different from what was originally in the gun. The new has a little bump in it.
    The bump is machined and not a factory default. I haven't tried out the gun yet, but I anxious to see what happens.
    I fires excellent with 00 buck Rio Royal low recoil, but noticed the problem when firing #7 birdshot.
    Hopefully this new one solves the "binding" issue. You'd think 12 gauge shotgun would shot all 12 gauge shells.
    In the pictures, the new factory cartridge stop w/ circular bump is on the left, and my existing cartridge stop (came with gun when bought) is on the right. Has anyone else seen this on a mossy 590a1 cart. stop?

moss-1.jpg moss-2.jpg
  19. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

First time I'm seeing it...

Let us know what transpires with the "bump"...
  20. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

@lionsgate01 , I merged your thread here.

Hopefully this is a fix for an ongoing problem. Please keep us posted on how the new part works out for you...