1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to view and order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Axes and Hatchets and Machetes rule my life...

Discussion in 'Knives, Axes, Hatchets and Machetes' started by nitesite, Jul 7, 2017.

1. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter

Dj, I used to know where I was going when the shtf. Now I'm not so sure. Thinkin maybe I'd head your way if ya"d have me. I would not not show up empty handed. I'd bring precious metals and tools.
    Djcala likes this.
  2. Djcala

Djcala .30-06 Supporter

Same rule, MANY years all welcome but bring something to the table, or youll be on the table :cheers:
    meanstreak likes this.
  3. meanstreak

I thought this would never get here, but today it finally arrived. Color me happy. I haven't even used the ammo yet.

Attached Files:

CaddmannQ and Djcala like this.
  4. Djcala

Djcala .30-06 Supporter

Well as usual, my mania kicks in OD when i get into something. Cut and carved and,hacked and shaped handle from that hickory in early pic. I can 100% say this,prolly aint the best or,purtiest handle this head ever had BUT it is the finest mattox handle this fool ever fabricated..... Im,tired maybe shape and sand some after supper. Linseed and sharpen tommorrow...
    Ps no kidin though dang it feels good in the hand and the heart.:gimme5: 0321191832_20190321183333755.jpg
    meanstreak, CaddmannQ and Kadelic like this.
  5. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

LOL DJ, I've never known a woman who could really clean a hunk of rusty iron, except one ol lesbian gal who owned restored a '57 chevy.

I remember her gettin' down on her hairy Greek azz to sand and repaint the brake drums . . .

Otherwise, they were all too civilized to do such work.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    meanstreak likes this.
  6. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

the joy of creation . . .
    meanstreak likes this.
  7. meanstreak

Hairy Greek azz is not a good visual.
    CaddmannQ likes this.
  8. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

Yes certain types of women are very rare and I won't comment on God's purpose in all of that.
    meanstreak likes this.
  9. Djcala

Djcala .30-06 Supporter

I personally would have no use or,tolerance for a partner not capable of cleaning a frying pan, building a fire or handling a shotgun for hunting or defense. however, ive been blessed to find mine gifted in all areas and pleasing to,the eyes. Give me women who blazed the trail aside her man vs the one who showed up latter in a petty coat afraid of her own shadow.
    nitesite, sixbennetts and meanstreak like this.
  10. dieselmudder

dieselmudder .30-06 Elite Member "Philanthropist"

Found this little gem in a back corner of a flea market in West Destin Florida while on vacation. Paid a little more for it than I would prefer, but once I picked it up, checked it out, and verified it was an original I had to have it.

I've found that the Korean War/early Vitnam M1951's are harder to come by. But easy to spot with the pick on the backside. This is actually only the second I've seen in person. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    sixbennetts, nitesite and Djcala like this.
  11. Djcala

Djcala .30-06 Supporter

@dieselmudder love the Etool that one is really nice , so much better than the newer handle models. Great find. I met a friend of my fathers a CMH recipient Korean War era who had one gold plated on his wall !!!!!!
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    sixbennetts likes this.
  12. meanstreak

???.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  13. nitesite

nitesite Sheepdog Moderator "Philanthropist"

It's in really great condition!
    meanstreak and Djcala like this.
  14. Djcala

Djcala .30-06 Supporter

Lol sorry,wrong tag
  15. dieselmudder

Ha ha ha, I caught it earlier. Figured I would see what came of it.

16. meanstreak

17. dieselmudder

Here's my "new" 52, next to my 44 that I've had awhile. These things are great choppers, in the dirt. The length ro weight ratio is perfect in my opinion.[​IMG]

nitesite, meanstreak and Djcala like this.
  18. Djcala

Djcala .30-06 Supporter

Dang love them diesel, that would be perfect in truck box
    meanstreak likes this.