• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AXTS Raptor Charging Handle

cockedNlocked

Product Review Manager
Staff member
Ladies and Gentleman, looking for the ultimate charging handle for your AR15 well look no further. The AXTS Raptor Ambi Charging handle is the way to go. Made in the USA from aircraft grade 7075 aluminum and anodized to milspec. Also now available are the new Cerakoted charging handles, these come in Flat dark earth, Tungsten Grey, Burnt bronze, and also a Nickel Boron version.

5.56 and 7.62 models and pricing can be found on AXTS website: http://axtsweapons.com/products/raptor-556

Black MSRP: $89.95
Cerakoted: $99.95
Nickel Boron: $119.00

DSC_3432 by ACFOTOLABS, on Flickr
DSC_3447 by ACFOTOLABS, on Flickr
DSC_3445 by ACFOTOLABS, on Flickr

Compared to a normal milspec charging handle the Raptor is only slightly larger in size even though it does have 2 handles (ambi). We noticed that the rounded edges of the raptor also help with preventing the handle from snagging on clothing and chest rigs.

DSC_3441 by ACFOTOLABS, on Flickr
DSC_3440 by ACFOTOLABS, on Flickr
DSC_3443 by ACFOTOLABS, on Flickr

One of the major enhancements we noticed over a standard milspec charging handle is the fact that the roll pins on the raptor are almost 3 times the size. One of the reason charging handles break from use in the field is from roll pin failures. While "palming" or even finger thumb manipulating you can truly feel the strength of the raptor.

DSC_4939 by ACFOTOLABS, on Flickr
DSC_4940 by ACFOTOLABS, on Flickr
DSC_4942 by ACFOTOLABS, on Flickr

After trying out this Raptor it will be in every rifle I own and purchase in the future. Great company with a great product made in the USA what else more can you ask for. Yes the price is a little high for most people, but honestly this charging handle is be alive and functioning through out the life of your rifle and the generations of the next to come.

Still doesn't look like it's large enough to deal with a big optic. Especially any sort of thermal or night vision or perhaps even big bodied 30mm optics.

Are you using a scope with it?

Still doesn't look like it's large enough to deal with a big optic. Especially any sort of thermal or night vision or perhaps even big bodied 30mm optics.
I use a raptor on my pof builds with a swfa 1-6 and 5-20 and it has been great. I am not sure about a raptor with the fat thermal/night vision though. Sure there are some large CH that would be easier but they would also be more prone to snagging. I guess it depends on what your goals are but all I know is I have not had anyone try my raptor and have anything negative to say about it.

Back