1. Thank you Mossberg Owners for making us the greatest Gun forum on the planet.

bad luck on new gun

Discussion in 'Maverick 88 Pump Action' started by boomer92266, Feb 9, 2018.

1. boomer92266

boomer92266 .410

i have been having trouble with my maverick 88, but mossberg has been A+ on helping me fix it. so with their great service i decided to get another maverick 88 today so my wife and i could shoot together. i bought it at walmart still in box as i don't like getting display models, i checked it out on the working slide and everything was smooth, so i bought it. got it home and the front bead is broken off, i did not think to check the barrel as there isn't much to go wrong. i really hate calling mossberg again about this but they should have checked this. how do i get a new one back on?, i don't think i have a wrench that small, does anyone know the size? thanks
  2. old mossy

old mossy Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Sorry to hear about your problem. I would give Mossberg a call, (800) 363-3555. They should send you a new one.

The thread size is 5/40 and takes a 1/8" wrench.

Keep us posted.
  3. boomer92266

boomer92266 .410

how good are these?, Dead Ringer Uni-Bead Fiber Optic Shotgun Sight DR4386. i have never put on a sight before on a shotgun and have never used these. gonna call mossberg tomorrow but with that little white bead able to come off, even if they send one i am gonna get something for backup. thanks
  4. boomer92266

boomer92266 .410

mossberg sent me a new front sight, do i need blue thread locker?, i don't have any at the moment. would fingernail polish hardner work? or can i put it on without anything? thanks
  5. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

If you screw it in well, you probably wouldn't need a threadlocker, but wouldn't hurt if you did.

You do need to make sure that the new bead doesn't protrude too far down into the barrel bore.
  6. boomer92266

boomer92266 .410

its going through a rib, so i don't have to worry about that. thanks
    John A. likes this.