• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Barrett M82A1 closeup of an icon

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I no longer own this, but I found some pics today on an old sd card and wanted to share. It was one of the more expensive firearms that I ever sold when I owned my FFL. At the time, it costed more than a transferable M16.

Matter of fact, before I even agreed to order it, I required a certified bank check from the customer covering the full cost of it, which was a touch over $10K after adding the optic and rings.

And to be perfectly honest, I didn't really care a lot for it. The thing was about 30 pounds and was like carrying a big floor jack around.

Anyway, enjoy.

manufacturer markings
Barret82A1M.jpg

massive muzzle brake and caliber marking on fluted barrel
82A1barrelmarking.jpg

rear backup flip sight
Barrett1500meterrearBUIS.jpg

magazine size comparison with an AR15/M16 magazine
PmagandBMG.jpg

straight out of the box
Barrettinpelicancase.jpg

And the Schmidt and Bender Nightforce scope (the scope alone costed more than my registered smg)

barrett50bmgsbpm2scope004.jpg

barrett50bmgsbpm2scope006.jpg

barrett50bmgsbpm2scope001.jpg

Barrett is based right down the road from me.

I've had an opportunity to fondle the M82A1, M107A1, M95, M98B, M99, and their REC7 platform on several occasions. The big bores are way too heavy for my taste as well, but I'll tell you the new MRAD is one sweet piece of work. I'd love to take one of their rifles home at some point, but not when I could drive off the lot with a new car for the same price...

Back