• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Batteries for Sights and Lights

nasa

.270 WIN
I was going to do a little range testing today with my 835 after doing a bore sight for the Quick Point sight and when I picked it up nothing. I had a dead battery and no spare.

That's just not like me because I'm what I think a spares type of guy. I even keep a spare pickup and truck battery and deep cycle marine battery, laptop, smart phone, etc. etc. right down to AAA batteries but. I stopped there. I have bad batteries on my sight, no spares for my favorite tactical light, and my laser had bad batteries as well.

I thought while I was out shooting a few rounds at a target in my shooting gully, about what would I do if we were to have an EMP? I ended up using open sights and did a pretty good good job but I could only use one eye.

I kind of like the little creature comforts but a day without electrons. Hmmm. I haven't had one of those in so long. It would have had to been on one of my wilderness sabbaticals many years back. I probably need to do one of those again before I get too old. Don't rightly know where that would be due to most of the places I loved so much have been ravaged by fire in the last couple of years.

Any way, the main thing I was intending to say, is Don't forget your spare batteries!!!

PS: I did order batteries today and they should be here by no later than next weekend,

I keep two spares in the pouch for the sight and two 123 for the tlr1s in the batt tube of the power pack
IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

Here is the wrench
IMG_0185.jpg

Lessons learned are meant to be shared...

Thanks nasa !! ( will rep ya after I spread some around...rules ;) )

...and Oli, yo man...sweet setup !!

:cool: rep'd ya

For several years now, I've been buying my batteries from batteryjunction.com

Anyone know of a less expensive place?

Back