• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Battle Rattle

There is a little play but 85% of it is from the vest itself. It's not real tight up on my shoulders.

I hope to be taking it out soon to really see how it feels.

I like the Sherpa rig. It's great for drop leg holsters. It's great if you want to easily switch between that and a vest, and the holster your weapon to the piece mounted by your bed.

They're definitely not low profile though. And you need to ensure you keep the lock mechanism clean of dirt. You do not want it sticking when you need it.

you made me read back looking for a Sherpa chest rig.....now I realize you meant Serpa holster. People love hate relationship with them because a lot of ND/AD are blamed on them. I really like the Safariland's myself.
A few training facilities and ranges wont allow Serpa's anymore

Haven't seen many shotgun/pistol battle belt rigs so I thought I'd post mine to get some feedback on it.

The intended purpose of this rig is for range time at my buddy's farm and a quick, grab-and-go or bunker down setup at my house. I know most people will say, "you won't have time to throw that thing on if someone breaks in" and I will definitely agree with you.

However, I live very close to Atlanta and hearing about the riots going on recently in city centers I would know well before hand if some commotion was coming my way. I wanted to design something I wear on me while I get everyone in the house in a safe room with lots of ammo and be able to get up and go while bringing it all with me. Hope to God that never happens but in the meantime, it makes for a great outside range belt :)
Battle Belt Itemized.jpg
This whole platform is on an HSGI Suregrip Belt with a Rigger's Belt running through it
Battle Belt active side detached 2.jpg
I set up my medical pouch and holster with G-Code RTI accessories
Battle Belt ammo side 1.jpg
Ammo side with 3 pistol mags and 3 shotshell cards
Battle Belt ammo side 2.jpg
Battle Belt ammo side 4.jpg
Battle Belt ammo side 5.jpg
Battle Belt active side 2.jpg
Battle Belt medical pouch and contents.jpg
I also have a dump pouch for when I take it up to the range. But please let me know what you think of it and any suggestions or recommendations of what worked with you would be much appreciated.

That is one helluva pistol belt.

As for shotshell holders, here is what I use. I like the fact that it can be folded up for a more compact pouch when not in use and it holds 25 shells.

They come in different colors. Mine is tan, rather than black.

http://www.amazon.com/Condor-Round-Shotgun-Reload-Pouch/dp/B005EU4ZKW/ref=pd_sim_200_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=09Z2JN11SDTDR71SRVQ1&dpSrc=sims&dpST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_

I also like condors medical pouches. They're also good for storing gizmo whiz bangs.

http://www.amazon.com/Condor-Rip-Away-Pouch-Lite-Olive/dp/B00I0RRC8I/ref=sr_1_3?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1441393789&sr=1-3&keywords=condor medical pouch

That is one helluva pistol belt.

As for shotshell holders, here is what I use. I like the fact that it can be folded up for a more compact pouch when not in use and it holds 25 shells.

They come in different colors. Mine is tan, rather than black.

http://www.amazon.com/Condor-Round-Shotgun-Reload-Pouch/dp/B005EU4ZKW/ref=pd_sim_200_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=09Z2JN11SDTDR71SRVQ1&dpSrc=sims&dpST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_

I also like condors medical pouches. They're also good for storing gizmo whiz bangs.

http://www.amazon.com/Condor-Rip-Away-Pouch-Lite-Olive/dp/B00I0RRC8I/ref=sr_1_3?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1441393789&sr=1-3&keywords=condor medical pouch
Thank you! I've heard good things about Condor products, how do you like their stuff? And that's a shotshell pouch! 25 rounds tucked in like sardines in a can, I like a lot. Is it easy to operate? Also, do you run that on your belt? I did a quick search and only saw it on chest rigs.

I do like the Condor gear. I have several pouches and things they've made. I'm certain it's not IR treated or anything like some military gear, but the stitch quality and material quality is good.

It's real simple to operate and is about as easy as closing the lid on a cardboard box. The edge just has some Velcro if you want it together (or unrolled/apart).

I have one of the voodoo tactical shotgun scabbards that I have the pouch mounted on. That way, wherever the shotgun is, the shells are always within reach and can go mobile if necessary.

anthony bdu 002.JPG

anthony bdu 003.JPG

@PumpyShooty

I like that setup a lot! I used to have a camelbak delta 5 vest set up for shotgun and rifle but it was never exceptional, mediocre at best, but it primarily served for range trips as it was easier to carry what could be worn. Which is actually a personal philosophy; it's easier to carry if you can wear it.

Looks great man!

@John A.

That's a sweet setup! You're right that Condor pouch packs up nice. I like the strap too, looks like a great way to take all you'll need to the range and it's right there. I think you'll run out of daylight before running out of ammo haha.
KSG-Mesa-Tactical-Sidesaddle-courtesy-olegvolk.net_.jpg
What I'm expecting in that scabbard :p

Back