• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bayonet Lug Accessory Mount

In my quest to find the answer for wanting to mount a light on the 590A1 I came on an idea that looks like it has already been done.

I wanted a way to mount a light that;

1. Didn't require extra steps to disassemble the gun for cleaning (the harder it is the less likely I am to do it as often as I probably should)

2. Didn't create large amounts of barrel shadow that obstructed the view.

I started to wonder why not use the bayonet lug to bring the light forward and not have to clamp it on or around the barrel? I think I found the answer on a couple of different sites in a quick search.

BLAM2_400.jpg

botach_2169_349300679

http://www.botachtactical.com/balugmo.html

http://www.customdefensiveproducts.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=C&Category_Code=AR15

I think I will pick one of these up!

I looked into Botach Tactical and I couldn't find very much good about them or their customer service so I went with Custom Defensive Products single rail model.

I got my confirmation email immediately and 15 minutes later I got confirmation that it had shipped. I will review when it comes in!

It came in today! Unfortunately this is a good product but not the right aplication as is.

2011-08-25173258.jpg

2011-08-25173321.jpg

2011-08-25173358.jpg

2011-08-25173425.jpg

The issue is this, the design is to put one side over the lug then remove the bolt that goes across the width and put it through a gas block sight mount. like below.

BLAM2_RT400.jpg

With the mossberg, there is no second mount to use.

2011-08-25173834.jpg

When you use the screw this way, it just uses the tabs on the lug as a pivot and doesn't hold. If you turn it around, the 45 degree cut on the lug ends up under the screw and you can't secure it.

I will just keep it around for possible use on the AR I am building or think of another idea down the road.

Back