• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Because I am sometimes incapable of shutting my mouth... not a rant

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
One thing to keep in mind regarding what the police are authorized to do when it comes to rounding up illegals.

Unless there is a state law in effect that clearly spells out the jurisdictional authority of local cops to enforce immigration law (which is Federal) then a city, county, or state cop cannot do shit.

Alabama (one of the most RED states in the USA) actually passed a law about five years ago that gave any cop in the state the authority to take a suspected individual into custody until it could be determined what their status was, based solely on their lack of ID or inability to speak any English or have any documentation that they had a passport or visa or work permit. If they were suspected of being here illegally the feds were to be called to prosecute/deport that person. Over 75% of the time the feds said they didn't have time or manpower to come investigate or transport. After 72 hours that person could no longer be detained.

And when the individual was kicked out of jail back into society they got a .gov paper printed from the feds explaining in 13 languages how they can file a civil rights complaint against the officer who brought them in for suspicion of illegal immigration. Know who investigates civil rights violations?????

The EFFIN Federal Bureau of Investigation... the FBI. Against the cop who thought he should take a person to jail to be checked by the feds.

Anyway, that state law was decimated by the state supreme court and the law lost all its teeth and cops (not feds) just let it go.

If you did not know the difficulty that the THIN BLUE LINE has gone thru about this issue, then I hope that you now have a better understanding.

Please don't bitch that cops need to step up and start doing their job.

If you still think that local cops don't care or are lazy or won't follow the law, I really am sad that you are so ignorant.

I have no problem with hauling in somebody that has no ID and can't speak English. They could easily have a warrant somewhere-- they could be on the lamb from the Mexican law.

They could certainly be even worse.

The crap you're going through with the corrupt and leftest controled FBI is designed to make local law enforcement ineffectual and chaotic.

When you have a guy like Sheriff Joe and his terrific arrest record, and his record for hard-nosed Justice for hard-boiled criminals, and then all of a sudden the government decides that he's the one that needs to be in jail, well then you know where the priorities of the FBI and it's leaders really lie.

Our Sheriff Mims had Sheriff Joe Arpaio here for an interview right after his famous Declaration of couple years back. I was hoping they were hiring him to work in Fresno, but unfortunately no such luck.

Unfortunately for criminals (and unfortunately for our local LEOs who are prohibited from using this) profiling can be a particularly effective police tool.

If you have a murderer and there are 10,000 people in your town it might be difficult to track him down.

Yet it might be easy if you were allowed to mention the fact that the murderer was perhaps a 7ft Nigerian the color of bear liver, and particularly if there's only 50 tall black dudes in the whole County. You're checking on all 50 of them to see if they act the least bit suspicious.

This is just a Common Sense part of policing but of course Common Sense doesn't apply in the unicorn dream world of leftist politic.

I have no problem with hauling in somebody that has no ID and can't speak English. They could easily have a warrant somewhere--

Apparently some state supreme courts disagree with you. I would never deprive somebody of their liberty and incarcerate them just to see if they maybe have a warrant somewhere...

The decisions on the street can be totally right one moment and career ending the next. Me? I don't really give a shit.

I do my job and at 59-years old I will just go to the house if things get to sucking too much.

I may have told this story before, but many years ago I rented a farmhouse in the country with a big barn. It was a nice house built by a rich farmer in the twenties. It's out in the middle of 100 acres of delicious Thompson grapes.

Local farmers had a dozen illegals living in our barn.

We called the local Cops. Called the Sheriff's Department. We called immigration. We called the US Marshal. We called the Health department.

Nobody would dare touch this situation!

I found out they had been cooking in the barn and had tapped into the electricity illegally by sticking wires into a fuse box, I called the Fire Marshal. They found an illegal gas line tapped into a propane tank buried under about 2 inches of dirt.
Guys were driving over this with a tractor daily . . .

Hallelujah! I was rescued by the Fire Marshal! They came out there with the big fire truck and six guys and shut the whole business down in 10 minutes. The culprit was the brother of the landlord, but I'm pretty sure the brother was in on this whole business, of housing these guys in the barn to prune & pick grapes, and charging them to live there.)

I don't think anybody ever went to court, but all those illegals disappeared from my barn.

So it appears that only the fire department has not had their arm twisted in this Maze of Catch-22 political BS.

Last edited:
nitesite said:
. . . I would never deprive somebody of their liberty and incarcerate them just to see if they maybe have a warrant somewhere....

Not just based only on that, but if they appear to be vagrants, or have some questionable business going on, or you have a BOLO they might match; and they could not answer a few simple questions or show you an ID, I would be prone to hang onto them until an interpreter could be contacted.

This could be done by cell phone of course & You wouldn't necessarily have to haul them in without good suspicion, unless their answers turned out to be unsatisfactory.

Last edited:
Wow...I knew this situation was bad but I didn't know it was as bad as Nitesite showed us. Thanks for the information. Unfortunately it sounds like it will get worse before it gets better. Half of the country already looks at the illegals as lawful citizens. In fact, I know some liberals that think illegals bring more good to the country than a conservative. We can thank both the democrats and republicans for this mess. It went on during regardless of the party in power. I was dumb enough to think that an ex governor of Texas would know first hand the problems and do something about it but Bush pretty much did nothing except talk, just like the others.

I watched my parents vote and I saw what happened as result, so I never voted for a Republican or a Democrat until Trump. I was a third party guy and I still am. I voted for Trump because he is too.

Back