• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Benchmade

I always liked the designs by Bob Lum. Unfortuantely I have not been able to find one. That Onslaught is nice. I wanted the DeJavoo when they first came out. Smootest folder I ever felt. Unfortunately after Bob Lum passing the prices skyrocketed for a time and they sold out fast. You have a definate keeper with yours.

oli700 said:
Ok be kind because this is not a knife forum, who's Bob ?

No worries.

Bob Lum is a knife designer and custom knife maker who designed the Onslaught and DeJavoo models for Benchmade. Benchmade uses custom knife makers to make "production" models of custom knife designs like Neil Blackwood who designed the Rukus model and Skirmish models. Bob Lum was one of those designers and passed away in 2007. You will notice from his website below that the BM Onslaught is a "production" model of his custom Forester and the BM DeJavoo is his All Rounder model. His custom knives were highly regarded in the knife world. I could be mistaken but I believe it was after his passin that BM "discontinued" his DeJavoo model and then re-released it as a Gold class model.

http://www.boblumknives.com/welcome.html

I love both of my mini grips

v42T8IC.jpg

v42T8IC.jpg

wlllu707,

How has that convexed edge held out for you? I have heard that convex edges are really good at slicing cuts and can hold an extremely sharp edge for a very long time. Also if it has become dull, how would you go about sharpening it if it technically doesn't have specified bevels?

Thanks for any insight!

I just spent a week camping in Colorado High country and beat the crap out of my Griptilian. I batoned it, sliced, carved, pounded in tent stakes: a bunch of things you "shouldn't" do with a folding knife.
It performed flawlessly and will still cut through phone book paper like nothing.

Wisconsin recently changed its laws; if you have a concealed carry license, you can carry a switchblade. My choice? The Benchmade Infidel!

I clip it to the inside of my right-hand front pocket and it basically goes everywhere with me. I am careful to never use it for mundane tasks like cutting boxes, because I can use a box-cutter for that! (Go figure!)

I don't find it too heavy at all, but then again my conceal carry gun is a full-size 1911.

Tom

Back