• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Beretta

another part of the reason for the barrel.
After this time in AK one of the Thiokol drivers on my division was a Grizzly guide.
My partner Tyler is going up in Sept to hunt Griz and Caribou.
The guy guiding him told him he really doesn't need a side arm because he will have his rifle so Tyler sold his Ruger Alaskan 454 to get more money for the trip.
The guy I spent time with said BS.....he had two guys get mauled when they went to take a dump.....I told him what Tyler's guide said and he laughed and asked if he had another pistol, I told him a 9mm, he laughed again. I said I had a 10mm Auto and he said give it to him for the trip with 220 hard cast Buffalo Bore. He had two guys get out of trouble with G20's one was a young moose charging and the other was an old black bear, killed them both ......the bear was dead in 3 shots, he said at reasonable distance the Buffalo Bore's will make it through a Grizzly skull

yeah and the ability to make shots that count while you are crapping down your leg

Yes Sir!

By the time the bear got to me I'd smell so damn bad he wouldn't want anything to do with me... :lol:

Was scratching my head, trying to find my thread...........

A mod merged it into this one. Thanks alot. :lol:

Kidding, anyhow. For whomever that had asked, they want $500 for the M9 I'm eyeballing. However I saw that ricmo just got one of those budget 1911s made by Regent and another pawn shop in the area has one they would let go for $400 out the door. Cheaper and well even though I've never really been interested in a 1911 maybe its time I got one finally. The money saved there would go towards the ammo cost to feed the new beast.

So Gunny, not exactly the high dollar Colt you suggested but you got me thinking I should at some point in my life give a 1911 style gun a whirl. I just don't want to spend a mint for one either.

I think I might pass on the M9 for now and give that Regent 1911 a shot first. We shall see. I posted about it behind Ricmo's postings in the 1911 thread.

So I decided that I should probably jump on that Regent I saw. For that price I kinda knew if I wait too much longer I was gonna miss the boat. Went and bought that this morning. See the pics in the 1911 thread.

The M9 will just have to wait for another day. Thanks for the advice though. Gunny, I just don't have the cash for that Colt you suggested but I'm already thinking I did good based off what my re enactor buddy said about the gun this morning. We are shooting it later today so that will be the true test of if I screwed up or not. Its looking encouraging so far that I didn't. We shall see.

jgwills said:
So Gunny, not exactly the high dollar Colt you suggested but you got me thinking I should at some point in my life give a 1911 style gun a whirl. I just don't want to spend a mint for one either.

Ditto the $$ on the CQBP. :eek: My LGS has a few standard 1911's from Rock Island, Springfield, Citadel, and others. Run from ~ $500-$600 new, just to give you a local price point.

the 92 series is simply the best. was issued an M9 during army service and loved it.
when i swapped greens for a blue uniform, i chose an M92fs without any hesitation.

My newest addition.

Well, the very first handgun I purchased was a .40 Beretta PX4 Storm. I carried it for a while, loved it, favorite semi-auto I've ever shot. It just fits my hands very well.. Buuut, I ended up selling it, and had been kicking my self ever since. So I finally broke down and replaced it! This time in 9mm though. Got a pretty good deal from the LGS, threw in a free range pass also.
Lovely camera phone pic :oops:
20130810.jpg

Re: My newest addition.

Yeah, hopefully I will be able to use up that range pass soon. If not, were going camping and shooting Labor Day weekend.

Beretta Storm sounds pretty darn good to me! Congrats. Personally I love the 9mm cartridge.

Have gotten the chance to take it out a few times, she shoots great. So reliable, all around great shooter. Just as I remember my 40 being.

Very Nice. Congrats!!

Back