• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

beta testing CZ Scorpion stuff

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I have been fortunate to have been able to do some beta testing from 2 different entities concerning some upcoming products for the cz scorpion.

I was sworn to secrecy about them at first during the testing and evaluation stages, but now both folks have made their big announcements, so I am comfortable in sharing this stuff with you guys now. I know there are other members here who have scorpions and others who are researching them.

Both of these are new designs for magazines.

It is pretty common knowledge that certain cleaners and lubes have wreaked havoc on some of the polymer magazine feedlips resulting in catastrophic failures to the magazine. Cracking feedlips, rounds and follower and springs puking out en masse.

So, a few folks have done some stuff, and I want to share them with you here today and am going over my results.

The first that I beta tested for was Manticore Arms who is soon releasing a hybrid magazine that has a polymer base and a metal feedlip, much like Lancer magazines for the AR15. Prepper Gun Shop is going to be the main distributor for them.

Hybrid construction- heat treated metal feed lips with a polymer body and polymer components
•100% USA made from the feed lips to the polymer components to the spring
•Counts as THREE USA made 922r compliance parts
•32 round capacity with round count markings on the side of the magazine body

https://www.preppergunshop.com/pgs-hybrid-scorpion-evo-mag-32-round-clear

These mags worked well for me. The only thing that I had less than stellar performance with them were long tapered flat nose bullets. To their defense, many 9mm guns using a doublestack magazine don't feed flat nose bullets well. But while using round nose bullets, of all types and weights, worked really well otherwise.

Also, the bolt hold open feature of the OEM magazines was still functional as designed.

manticore 026.JPG

manticore scorpion magazine beta 011.JPG

The next product that I have been beta testing is a magazine adapter to convert an Uzi pro (IWI) 32 round magazine to fit the scorpion.

It has fed everything that I have put through it, including the long tapered flat nose. But, you do lose the bolt hold open feature because the uzi was never designed with a notch or that feature to begin with.

I know a lot of this is personal preference, but I do like the all metal body magazine and follower of the uzi pro. But for many, they don't want to lose the last round bolt hold open. But I'm not too hung up on it. AK's don't do that, my transferable machinegun doesn't do that, my uzi doesn't do that, my MP5k doesn't do that, etc.

But that may be a deal-breaker for some nonetheless, so I wanted to be upfront about it in case you fall into that category.

The uzi adapter has taken a few rolling design changes since the one I have shown below, including now snapping into a witness hole to ensure that the adapter is solidly affixed to the mag unless you physically remove it yourself. The one I have below as the actual first one that was made.

natural gear and scorpion 005.JPG

natural gear and scorpion 006.JPG

mag adapter 006.JPG

It's a good time to be a scorpion owner. Lots of new and exciting products coming out for them. I can see these becoming more popular than MP5's.

I'm VERY excited that a friend of mine is getting this product out there based on beta testing experience. My Scorpion is becoming more interesting everyday thanks to you

A big future is ahead for the scorpion.

I've been continually impressed with it.

I own several 9mm carbines. I have found myself shooting it more than the others.

Back