• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bi-Pod suggestions for swivel mount?

Papa D

After today's first range trip with my Patriot, I am in the market for a Bi-Pod. Any suggestions are appreciated. Prefer suggestions from folks that have actual usage experience. Thanks.

Sent from my Vivo XL4 using Tapatalk

Any idea what height? That could help narrow down some of the selections.

There are Harris. There are Caldwell. There are Shooters Ridge. Champion. Lots of cheap Chinese crap.

Lots of different bipods out there. Some even costing several hundred $$$$ like the Atlas and Pheonix Precision and others.

Man, I've got no idea. Just starting this journey. I guess something solid between $20-$100?

Last edited:
After today's first range trip with my Patriot, I am in the market for a Bi-Pod. Any suggestions are appreciated. Prefer suggestions from folks that have actual usage experience. Thanks.

I have 2. One short one that is only as high as a good bench rest bag when it is not extended, for sitting at a bench. Then when extended it is ok for positions like on a knee at the bench or on your butt in the woods and propped on a log. Then the taller one works best open partway when I am just on my butt and need the extra height when there is no bench and no other prop is available. That's how I chose mine. The tall one is a Caldwell and tilts side to side. The shorty is stationary. I like the short one better and it is a cheap one...CV Life???

I have a Caldwell belief model xla its maybe 6 to 10 ". Its serviceable for my use at range.
If I were going overseas or being heavy user or willing to spend extra id get the Harris 1A2 should be avail under a hundred bucs maybe try,Midway or Ellete Bros.

You could check out the Caldwell or the Shooters Ridge.

9-13 inches seem to be about right for shooting on a bench.

I have one adjustable up to 26" tall Harris on my FAL, but I've not been shooting it a whole lot lately.

Back