• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

BIG revolver as the ultimate home defense weapon.

nothing wrong with planning. but the reality is that situations rarely turn out as you planned. and that is the one thing you can plan on.

• What came to my mind is the fact that few shots are fired or even none in most self-home defense incedents. .I sometimes think we worry to much about firepower and having enough rounds.But one of the things I love about my G35 is having 15 rounds when I pick it up.

Going back to the OP, I think his .357 would qualify as a good home defense weapon.

And, unless there's a special reason, I'd keep all the ammo the same as it would be real easy to lose track of where you are on the cylinder.

Going back to the OP, I think his .357 would qualify as a good home defense weapon.

And, unless there's a special reason, I'd keep all the ammo the same as it would be real easy to lose track of where you are on the cylinder.

^ There you go. I agree.

I've been looking at the 9mm LCR. No it's not BIG and only holds 5, but it would be a perfect backup to my 500 TR.

I think that a 9mm LCR makes a damn fine CCW handgun.

I would carry one on duty as a BUG without hesitation.

Welcome to the forum, Makoto Ford!!!

I think that a 9mm LCR makes a damn fine CCW handgun.

I would carry one on duty as a BUG without hesitation.

Welcome to the forum, Makoto Ford!!!

Thank you for the warm welcome nitesite! Funny usually I go by Aquaaiea which means I'm sorrounded by water living in Aiea Hawaii literally across the street from Pearl Harbor. Somehow as I was registering I ended up inputting my full name and so be it.

I lived in pearl city for a long time. Looking at pearl harbor every day. My friend lives way up aiea heights, clear view of pearl harbor. Welcome !

I lived in pearl city for a long time. Looking at pearl harbor every day. My friend lives way up aiea heights, clear view of pearl harbor. Welcome !

I lived on lower Aiea heights for 20years. Just last year we moved to Moanalua rd just across the street from the Stadium. Thanx mbshop for the warm welcome.

Last edited:
Man, I love Hawaii.

The Mrs. and I were married on Kauai and go back every few years. We'll be headed that way next summer...

I knew that area also. nice place. I used to take my dirt bikes to the unfinished freeway there
to dial the carb jets in. also the crazy shirts place was there.

Thank you for the warm welcome nitesite! Funny usually I go by Aquaaiea which means I'm sorrounded by water living in Aiea Hawaii literally across the street from Pearl Harbor. Somehow as I was registering I ended up inputting my full name and so be it.

I used to also, right across from Nimitz Gate. In fact, right there is where I got my first unpleasant introduction into the whole concept of home security/home defense. Take care. Tom Worthington

I used to also, right across from Nimitz Gate. In fact, right there is where I got my first unpleasant introduction into the whole concept of home security/home defense. Take care. Tom Worthington

Halawa housing! Yep I admit they do have their share of shady characters. It is indeed a small world.

Last edited:
Back