• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bolt Action Rifles

this is my dad's 30-40 krag. it will be mine once mom decides to part with it.(disclaimer-i'd rather have dad around still). it belonged to a relative of my mothers that lived next door to us. he was elderly and te story goes that he brought this gun home from the war. he had a lot of nice guns and had pretty much told dad he could have his pick because dad mowed his lawn, did general house repairs, etc. mom's brothers never helped him out at all, but upon his death, they went in and got all the nice guns. they left this one and a .22. the .22 was beyond reapir. this one was not. when dad got it, the stock was cracked and the end of the damascus barrel was damaged. dad basically said "f them, i'll show them" and took the krag to a local gunsmith that had done a lot of work for dad over the years. after about a week the smith called back and said the gun was salvageable and had an idea. he had a small piece of wood and wanted dad to see it. he could get a big enough chunk to hand craft a stock to replace the cracked/unsafe one. we went to look at the stock, a price was agreed apon and awhile later this came home with dad. sorry for the bad pics. they were taken with cell phone...i really need to get some new ones with the good camera.

0623121738.jpg

0623121738a.jpg

0623121738b.jpg

0623121739.jpg

I really like the wood grain on that one.

thanks guys, it looks so much better in person...it is called curly or tiger maple...the guy is still around and i have thought about having him make a stock for dad's remington xp100 and some for the 586.

the xp100...it's a bolt action too...lol
DSC01754.jpg

i am back on a honda 400ex. bought a brand new 450er in 2006 and hated it. too much maintenance, always had to be revved to the max, didn't handle anything like my old 400ex, even after 1200+ in suspension/control/seat/peg upgrades so i traded it, after 2 years, for a 416ex and a good wad of cash. i kept some of the aftermarket parts that i had on the 450 that would go on the ex. so much happier now...

DSC00792.jpg

is there a thread for atvs?

I really love a good looking wood stock.

That's not to say that Remington 700 on the last page isn't sexy...

Good looking rifles though all around!

oli700 said:
tcecil88 said:
Wow, Oli, that is a beautiful rifle.
Thanks my friend

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Lemme know what part you're lookin for and I'll keep my eyes open...

Spring loaded pin catches the hook on the scope……..guts are gone , pin is gone. Its from the late 50’s or so. The entire base will unscrew from the receiver

IMG_1248_zpscb3b21b4.jpg

IMG_1251_zpsee376d6d.jpg

Hey oli,

Have you tried contacting Steyr to see if they might have any info on the replacement parts you need?

Steyr Arms: Contact Us

Snapped some new pics of the bolt guns...

20" Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD .308

20" Remington 700 SPS Tactical .223

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
You've got issues bro... :lol:

:lol: :lol: A worth while trade! The Blazer is a tank and not too bad on gas. My Fiance can cook pretty damn well! Especially if you like Lasagna! And all Americans like a good Lasagna! :mrgreen:

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Snapped some new pics of the bolt guns...

20" Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD .308

20" Remington 700 SPS Tactical .223

:shock: MUST HAVE SAME STOCK!!! :shock:

Haha!

The AICS are great for prone or bench work, but I definitely wouldn't wanna have to pack either one of these. They turn a mobile rifle into one heavy SOB. The extra weight helps absorb a bit of recoil and the solid three point base has yeilded some great consistency on target. That is of course when I can slow down enough to shoot straight. The DBM is a great feature, but it's hard to slow down with 10rd at the ready... :D

Walmart has a Remmy 700 in .243 and scoped for $417 but it isn't DBM. It is one of those weird hidden magazines... Nice rifle for the price! I think it would be good to toss a varmint contour on and a nice stock like you have there!! I like McRee Stocks too <3

The 700's at Walmart are the Remmy 700 ADL. These are called blind mags which load and unload from the top. The BDL has a swing down bottom plate that pops out and dumps the rounds in your hand if you're lucky, and on the ground if you aren't. :D
You already know what the DBM is. I want to convert mine to a DBM, but the conversion is kinda expensive right now.

Back