• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bolt Action Rifles

Nicely done!

Lookin forward to your feedback on the new stock after you've had a chance to send a few down range...

Just purchased a Savage B-MAG Super Magnum in .17WSM. Mounted a Nikon 2-7x32 BDC150 Reticle scope and waiting for Tuesday delivery of a Caldwell XLA 6-9 inch pivot bi-pod. Finally found some .17wsm, 20 grain, polymer tip rounds, with a MV of 3000fps. Going to the Stones River range next weekend to zero it in. Manufacturer suggests a 200yd zero but I think I will settle for 100yds. I don't expect to be firing at varmits at 200 yds. Sick and tired of the squirrels feasting on my pecans, heh-heh. Not very good pics, but.....
232323232%7Ffp543%3B3%3Enu%3D45%3C%3A%3E664%3E%3B34%3EWSNRCG%3D3689%3A%3B5%3B9934%3Bnu0mrj
232323232%7Ffp7347%3A%3Enu%3D45%3C%3A%3E664%3E%3B34%3EWSNRCG%3D3689%3A%3B5%3B9634%3Bnu0mrj

Very nice Mudbug!

I've been wanting to pick up a .17hmr for a while now. Found a new range outside of town in Chapel Hill that has rifle berms at 100, 300, 500, and 1000yd. I joined up a few weeks ago and it's become my second home. Here's some info if you're interested...

New 1000yd Range Opening in Chapel Hill, TN

LES, spent a few hours Sat at the range in Chapel Hill. Great people, very nice set-up with exciting future plans for expansion. Joined up, waiting on my ID badge to arrive. It was a little too windy for my .17 WSM 20 grain to get a zero at 100 yds. Fired about 25 rds at 50 yds just because, because, heck because I hadn"t fired the weapon yet, heh-heh. Nice groupings but, with the wind, it kept me from a confident centering of my groups. About 2 inches right and low. Will return next weekend to try again.

Holy crap when were you there?

I was out there half the day shoot'n in the bowling pin match. Glad to see you signed up and got a chance to shoot. They've got a great facility and it's only gonna get better. I'm really lookin forward to the 3D archery range they're opening up soon. I'll be headed back out next weekend too. Usually get out there pretty early on Saturday mornings, but it'd be great to meet up and do some shoot'n...

Got there after the bowling pin match, around 12:00 or 12:30, I suppose. If I recall correctly, Chris signed me up and Tony showed me around and gave me the range safety walk through. There were 3 shooters at the rifle bay getting set to leave and 2 shooters returning in the golf cart from pulling their 100 yd targets. I wasn't introduced at the time, as we continued our range safety session. After the safety session, I retrieved my weapon and gear for a zero session. One guy from Ala was on the pistol/carbine bay firing at the bowling pins. He had overslept and missed the "pin" shoot, too bad. After he left, I used that bay to zero my .17 wsm at 50 yds, since I thought it was too windy for my 20 grain round at 100 yds.. Had a great time. Very relaxed atmosphere. Returning Sat morning to try the 100 yd targets.

That's funny!

The guy from AL showed up at the pistol bay as I was packing up over there. I actually saw Tony walking someone over to the rifle bay for a safety briefing on my way out to the truck. Had to have been you. Very cool man, I hope to see you out there on Saturday. Just look for the guy in the camo Mossberg Owners hat... :D

Picked up a like new Remington 700 CDL Boone and Crockett rifle today in .30-06. Absolutely gorgeous rifle. Brown laminate stock, fluted barrel, Boone and Crockett Club grip cap, and not a mark on it anywhere.
I just got it home, so I do not have a pic yet, but here is a file pic.

I even swapped my HK USP for it and feel I got the better end of the deal. :)

Thanks, LES. I had that Savage 111F, but really did not like it. Plain black poly stock and a blind mag, but a sweet trigger, traded it off today for a like new Glock 22.
This one though, man oh man, this one is worthy of the $900 scope I have been saving. Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42, DOA 600 reticle and a 30mm tube. I have an EGW +15 MOA base coming for it.
If I ever get to go out west hunting, this is the rifle I will be taking. In .30-06, there is nothing in North America that I can't humanely take, except maybe a Kodiak Brown bear, and I cannot afford that anyway. :)

Good deal.

I've been looking into .300WM now that I have a place to reach out to a grand. A .30-06 would do the job too and the ammo is a lot cheaper. Hmmm...decisions, decisions...

I checked out the place in TN you go to and the place in Park City, KY. Those are nice places! Too bad a fella cannot just show up, pay a fee, and shoot. I have 5 rifles I want to shoot and nowhere to shoot any real distance. :(

I live at the corner of Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio in Lawrenceburg, IN., just outside of Cincinnati. A road trip might be in order. :)
I had a Remington 700 ADL in .300 WinMag that I converted to a BDL with factory bottom metal and a Hogue pillar bedded stock. Great rifle, but short lived. Sold it to buy a PSE bow of all things. :)
I am going to be in Huntsville, AL. in December visiting a buddy coming home from Dubai. We are gonna hit the gun stores and the ranges there!

tcecil88 said:
I live at the corner of Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio in Lawrenceburg, IN., just outside of Cincinnati. A road trip might be in order. :)
I had a Remington 700 ADL in .300 WinMag that I converted to a BDL with factory bottom metal and a Hogue pillar bedded stock. Great rifle, but short lived. Sold it to buy a PSE bow of all things. :)
I am going to be in Huntsville, AL. in December visiting a buddy coming home from Dubai. We are gonna hit the gun stores and the ranges there!

Looks like a good time to me.

There's a member here who's on staff at Rock Castle, but I can't remember the username. I'm allowed guests with my membership at the range here, so if you're ever down this way I can get you in to shoot all day for $10...

:mrgreen: My AAC-SD and the bag full of Federal Gold Match 168 gr. Sierra Match King I have are threatening to put themselves up for sale unless I show them some love and take them out and heat 'em up.

Back