• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bolt Action Rifles

Re: Marlin 22 Magnum/New scope added

Thats a sweet lookin rifle, super nice lookin gun!!!

Re: Marlin 22 Magnum/New scope added

Thanks once again fellas.

Can't wait to get out with this one. It's bore sighted at just over 50 yards so I should be pretty close straight off. I really am gonna concentrate on this one for a while and get to know it and figure out which ammo it likes so I can begin stocking!!! :p

New scope for my 700

I traded my double barrel Coach 12GA for a millett 10x50 illuminated receptacle. The 700 30.06 needed a better scope than the cheap Bushnell that was on it so I decided to to make the trade. The Scope is New never used and retails for $379.

More than likely another case of the gun and scope able to out shoot the shooter but this gives me quick adjustment just need to get out and learn it a bit but realistically I'll be hard pressed to find shots over 200 yards here CT.

Re: New scope for my 700

That scope is a beauty :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Savage Model 10

This will be the next gun my Son and I bring to the range and dial in. It's made by Savage, major John Plaster designed the stock which is a beauty..

This gun is well built in 308 caliber. I added the Millett 10x50 lighted recticle scope which is a beauty. 200 yards won't be enough but to be proficient at that distance will fine be with me.

Should be a fun day of sloooooow shooting compared to these ACR, AR SCAR trips!!!!!! :D

Re: Savage Model 10

Very nice!

That's the toughest part about shooting my bolt-guns. It's so hard to be patient and slow it down!

I saw this rifle at the SHOT show. Looked like a great setup. Let us know how it shoots.

Was able to get out today with it but didn't shoot it much. My Son wanted to bring a friend of his so we brought the SCAR, SIG556, Saiga 308, SKS and Mosin nagants along.

I was able to figure out where I'm grouping @ 200 yards, high and left so the next trip with the Savage should be pretty easy to dial in.

The Boys had the most fun with the SIG and Mosin, the SCAR doesn't do much for these young fellas, strange..

New Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC©-SD

New from Remington, the 700 SPS Tactical AAC©-SD

Caliber- .308win
Barrel Length- 20" with Threaded Muzzle
Overall Length- 39 5/8"
Twist- "1/10 Tactical Rifling" (laser etched onto barrel)
Weight- 7.3 lbs

http://www.remington.com/products/firea ... ac-sd.aspx

These babies are relatively new to the 700 roster and from what I understand, there aren't a ton of them being made. My LGS got one in and the owner immediately notified me! I'm picking it up on Saturday and will update with pics. I stopped by today to pay it a visit and it is one beautiful piece of work. I'll be dropping it into an AICS 2.0, which is almost a shame because the factory stock is gorgeous!

Then comes the Class III application, tax stamp, and the 6-8 month wait for the suppressor. I'll be shopping for a brake in the meantime.

Stay tuned for updates...

Re: New Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC©-SD

I can't wait to see it all setup! That thing is a beauty.

Well here she is, fresh from my LGS...

Ain't she purdy!

... and here she is scoped and sitt'n in the AICS 2.0 with Atlas bipod and Accushot monopod...

She was purdy before, but now she's just downright SEXY!!! My LGS has some titanium suppressors on the way and I'll be starting the paperwork as soon as they're in stock. It's gonna be a LONG 6-8 months!

That came out great! I can't wait to see it with a suppressor on it. That is going to be sweet.

We fitted it with a 7.62 YHM Phantom today before I brought it home. It looked pretty sweet with the factory stock, but I can't wait to get it set up on my new rig!

Traded a couple SKS's

For a CZ527 in 7.62x39mm. I was having some trouble with both Norincos and ammo was an issue and they weren't getting sighted in tight enough for my liking.

I asked my buddy what else besides the mini 30 shot the 7.62x39mm round and he grabbed the CZ witha big smile on his face, "Dave, they don't get much better than this one". I loved it at first feel. I asked him, 2 norinco SKS's for the CZ and 2 boxes of good ammo, the CZ was tagged at $459. It's mine and I love it. I ran right to the range with open sight and got it dialed in nice at 50 yards and then brought it home and mounted my Redfield Revolution 3-9x33 scope on it and added a nikon scope to my Marlin 1894 44 mag and headed back to the range. Both these rifles are dead on with CZ dialed in very tight @100 yards, the 44 Mag is grouping real nicely with Hornady ammo which is a bit expensive..

She is easily on my "Favorite" list ATM. Has a two stage trigger that turns the trigger into one "hair" trigger :shock: you push the trigger forward and it has like 1lb pull!!!

Here are a couple more I played with today. The Armalite AR10 and Rock River M4, all dailed in nicely..

Re: Traded a couple SKS's

Congratulations Dave! Another nice trade.

Back