• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Boston Marathon explosion

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
Breaking: At least one large explosion near the finish line about an hour ago - multiple injuries. No reports of cause or number of casualties.

Juat heard 12 dead twice that injured. One of my local radio dj's was running it

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

Reports that 2 more bombs found and being dismantled by bomb squad. Looks like 9-11 all over again. I wonder who will claim responsibility for this one.

Another explosion at the JFK library
EDIT:
Now saying that it may have been an unrelated fire...WTF get this stuff straight!!!

Mayor "Mumbling" Manino will be speaking soon.
Sorry folks, I hate that guy.

MikeD said:
Juat heard 12 dead twice that injured. One of my local radio dj's was running it

Now its back to two dead. Wish they would get their facts straight before airing it

Prayers for the family of those who have been killed.

But I have to ask, why are they restricting air space over boston?

I could understand not allowing any planes to take off, but restricted air space??????

Do they think the bombs had bio agents in it or something?

That's the only feasible explanation I can think of right now to warrant restricted movement.

John A. said:
But I have to ask, why are they restricting air space over boston?

I could understand not allowing any planes to take off, but restricted air space??????

Do they think the bombs had bio agents in it or something?

That's the only feasible explanation I can think of right now to warrant restricted movement.
because if the bombs were preemptive or softening...any sort of follow up blow can come from anywhere so shut down air space over an incident is the only logical step since they don’t know about who did it or their capabilities….for all they know they could have came from the sky in the first place.

It’s not uncommon especially if the government is flying all over that air space right now. It will also cut down on all civilian rubber necking and media helo’s…..we put TFR’s up over incidents all the time for just the latter two

MikeD said:
MikeD said:

Now its back to two dead. Wish they would get their facts straight before airing it

There will be conflicting reports in the details for several days. Fog of war. Also the event at the Library is still not settled. Could be arson/incendiary or a common fire not related to the marathon, according to spokesmen.

Thank you for the reply Oli.

I understand exactly what you're saying

My thoughts go out to those who have been lost and their families. Danger and evil people are a constantly in the shadows no matter how safe we think we are. Some things are unforeseeable, but it goes to show that threats EXIST. Now more than ever the strength of this nation relies on the unity of our people (or at least respect?), but at it's current state I fear we are are very vulnerable.

Yeah, heard it on the "news" at work. Looks like 2 dead, 80+ injured, multiple limbs lost. All cell phone service has been shutdown to preempt any further attempts to detonate more bombs via cell phone.

Video looks pretty bad. Most injured were spectators with their backs to the detonation.

Now Chicago is implementing extra security measures...guess they feel that the bombs at the Boston Marathon will somehow come to their doorstep...easy way to enact martial law in larger cities...

It would be nice to get some real information on what exactly happened. At this point I really have no idea what to believe.

OhioArcher said:
Yeah, heard it on the "news" at work. Looks like 2 dead, 80+ injured, multiple limbs lost. All cell phone service has been shutdown to preempt any further attempts to detonate more bombs via cell phone.

Video looks pretty bad. Most injured were spectators with their backs to the detonation.

Now Chicago is implementing extra security measures...guess they feel that the bombs at the Boston Marathon will somehow come to their doorstep...easy way to enact martial law in larger cities...

Yeah, everybody and their brother is spooking and tightening security. Except for some Muslim groups. Typical. And expected.

The head of an extremist Jordanian Muslim Salafi group said early Tuesday that he was "happy to see the horror in America" after the explosions in Boston.

"American blood isn't more precious than Muslim blood," said Mohammad al-Chalabi, who was convicted in an al-Qaida-linked plot to attack U.S. and other Western diplomatic missions in Jordan in 2003.

"Let the Americans feel the pain we endured by their armies occupying Iraq and Afghanistan and killing our people there," he said early Tuesday.

Al-Chalabi served seven years in prison for his part in the foiled attack. His group is outlawed in Jordan.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/jordan-e ... on-bombing

Going through this thread all kinds of information is being put out... I have only heard 2 dead and over 100 injured. 7:00pm FOX... 2 Bombs went off and a 3rd in JFK Library... 8:00pm Huffington Post....

This is going to take FOREVER to get straight like everything else... Prayers are going out to the Injured, Dead and Families of Victims!!!

My niece lives on that street. She's not allowed to go to her apt, cuz the streets a crime scene. She and her fiance were both at work when it went off. Thank god. My brother was flipping out when the news came about. Man...if anything happened to his kids, he would be a force to be reckoned with, and I'd be right there beside him.

Interesting point....bombs and killing people are against the law. Right? Yet those laws did not stop whom ever did it....

Back