• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Boston Marathon explosion

John A that was a good find. Thanks for sharing it. Typical of Feinstein and other elitists that big brother can protect you. They can't and they are legally obligated to. I do not want to denigrate the efforts of law enforcement in Boston last week but as is often the case it was blown open with a civilian tip. Feinstein had the part right about a shotgun beeing fine to defend the home. The wicked witch of the west if wrong though that an "assault rifle" isn't needed. I would want both my 590A1 and my Mini 14 loaded and ready if I'm sitting there waiting for an armed bomber to find a place to hole up for his last stand.

Gunny thanks for posting that. Most of the media seems to be ignoring the possibility that the threat may not be over. Fortunately cell phones and computers leave a trail a mile wide to follow. I'm sure they will find any support members if they exist.

With Obummer saying not to blame the whole religion over the acts of two, has anyone heard of any muslim groups denouncing the bombing and the bombers?...cue the crickets chirping.

"you can use a 12-gauge shotgun and have a good defensive effect and there's the element of surprise..."

What is it with Elected Officials and their love of suggesting shotguns? I mean, if properly trained, a shotgun can be just as effective... but I think they are trying to feed off the common misconception that you "don't have to aim a shotgun"... Maybe they believe that because they are so clueless.. hard to tell..

Itsricmo said:
"you can use a 12-gauge shotgun and have a good defensive effect and there's the element of surprise..."

What is it with Elected Officials and their love of suggesting shotguns? I mean, if properly trained, a shotgun can be just as effective... but I think they are trying to feed off the common misconception that you "don't have to aim a shotgun"... Maybe they believe that because they are so clueless.. hard to tell..

Many are clueless. They have no concept of shot patterns, range, penetration of various loads, chokes, etc. All they see is a big bore that throws out a lot of bb's, and makes a lot of noise. They figure they learned all they need to know about shotguns from Hollywood westerns (rabbet ear doubles). They wouldn't know the difference between 00 buck and #8 birdshot if they had it for breakfast.

Something else I have noticed after this whole thing... Ammunition Supplies are exhausted once again. Walmart had a healthy amount of 00 Buck and some .45/9mm/.223 staying on the shelf... Not anymore. Everything was bought out that night probably. Same with Gander, Dicks and LGS.

Even popular hunting calibers are being bought up more. .243 is almost non-existent along with .270 and 30-30. 30-06 however is still more than plentiful..... I wonder why that is :?

Itsricmo said:
Something else I have noticed after this whole thing... Ammunition Supplies are exhausted once again. Walmart had a healthy amount of 00 Buck and some .45/9mm/.223 staying on the shelf... Not anymore. Everything was bought out that night probably. Same with Gander, Dicks and LGS.

Even popular hunting calibers are being bought up more. .243 is almost non-existent along with .270 and 30-30. 30-06 however is still more than plentiful..... I wonder why that is :?

Some of the problem is that everyone needs basically the same raw materials regardless of caliber. Lead, brass stock, copper, plastic, packaging, various chemicals for powder and primers, etc. Goes all the way up the supply chain to the guy that's digging the ore out of some hole in the ground in Peru or wherever. Tooling and dies enter into it also. The manufacturing machinery at various stages wears out and has to be replaced or repaired, especially when it's being used at max capacity.

Those raw material suppliers have many other industries they feed also, so the ammo manufacturer's have to get in line with them.

mko1024 said:
I understand the circumstances but nevertheless, does any one else find this as wrong as I do? I cant believe there isn't more outcry over this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LrbsUVS ... ture=share

The guy in the HUMVEE is especially disturbing.

http://s10.postimg.org/xhuqa3t1l/VNZBh_SI.jpg

This is what you get when the National policy is defense instead of offense. Remember what people were saying 10 years ago? If we don't fight them over there, we'll end up having to fight them here. People started whining and crying about us invading other countries, yadda, yadda. So we back off, and here they come. Right into our living rooms.

Welcome to WWIII in your backyard.

mko1024 said:
I understand the circumstances but nevertheless, does any one else find this as wrong as I do? I cant believe there isn't more outcry over this.

I turned my speakers up pretty loud, and other than yelling at them to keep their hands up in the air (?), I did not hear them declare police, nor search warrant at the beginning of the video.

John A. said:
mko1024 said:

I turned my speakers up pretty loud, and other than yelling at them to keep their hands up in the air (?), I did not hear them declare police, nor search warrant at the beginning of the video.

I very much doubt there were any search warrants involved. This was a search and clear op. Same thing as in Afghanistan villages, except they didn't blow the door open. But you can bet they would have if nobody answered or if the occupants refused them entry.

A small taste of urban combat and what to expect in the future if we as a nation don't quit screwing around. We've been running down cockroaches one at a time with million dollar missiles far too long. We'll run out of money and missiles before they run out of cockroaches.

This endless screwing around policy is what is causing this:

http://www.wnd.com/2013/04/americans-sn ... -millions/

I'm all for get S#!t done with less! I spent 5 weeks at an Air Force leadership school and learned quickly that all those awesome missiles we see flying around cost multiple yearly salaries of mine.

But as we've seen with this new drone program... less people, more automation... more expensive tech... more debt with foreign countries... more angry citizen... do we want to go on??

GunnyGene said:

Notice how many are prescribed drugs. It is not so much what the gov't does but how it is perceived. With that many people drugged up all the time crap is bound to happen. All the while the pharmaceutical companies are making boatloads of cash. Why are drugs with suicidal side affects allowed to be handed out to the depressed?

OhioArcher said:
GunnyGene said:

Notice how many are prescribed drugs. It is not so much what the gov't does but how it is perceived. With that many people drugged up all the time crap is bound to happen. All the while the pharmaceutical companies are making boatloads of cash. Why are drugs with suicidal side affects allowed to be handed out to the depressed?

And the idiotic article of the day is: The Tsarnaev brothers didn't have valid handgun licenses! Oh, the horror! :roll: :lol:

(Reuters) - The two brothers suspected in the Boston Marathon bombings, who police say engaged in a gun battle with officers early Friday after a frenzied manhunt, were not licensed to own guns in the towns where they lived, authorities said on Sunday.

In the confrontation with police on the streets of a Boston suburb, Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev were armed with handguns, at least one rifle and several explosive devices, authorities say.

But neither brother appears to have been legally entitled to own or carry firearms where they lived, a fact that may add to the national debate over current gun laws. Last week, the U.S. Senate rejected a bill to expand background checks on gun purchases, legislation that opponents argued would do nothing to stop criminals from buying guns illegally.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, who was killed in the shootout with police, would have been required to apply for a gun license with the local police department where he lived in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

But there is no record of him having done so, according to Cambridge Police Department spokesman Dan Riviello.

Even if he had earlier received a gun license from somewhere outside Cambridge, that license would have to be registered with Cambridge police upon becoming a resident of the city, Riviello said. In Massachusetts, gun licenses are issued by municipal police departments.

"There is no record of him having a license to carry," Riviello told Reuters.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/ ... HB20130421

No surprise there.

Criminals do not follow the law.

Out of morbid curiosity, here are some of the laws they broke last week too.

At least two counts of terrorism with international ties, not sure how the domestic terrorism stuff works since they were here for years, making bombs (numerous counts), murder, 5 counts two including police officers which is a death penalty infraction, unknown counts of attempted murder, assualt with a deadly weapon (unknown counts), assualt with a weapon of mass destruction, eluding various state, local, and federal agencies and being a fugitive from justice numerous counts, wanton endangerment unknown counts, vehicular manslaughter (if he did in fact run over his brother trying to escape), reckless driving, probably speeding and failure to yield, improper start/stop, etc, unregistered weapons, trespassing, etc.

If you needed proof that criminals do not follow laws, I do not know what more you really need.

I'll be honest, if the gov is wanting to point the blame finger, they may not want to go there because it would be very easy for me to say that the BATFE, CIA, FBI, AND DHS failed in one or more of their primary directives with this incident.

And that's not even taking into consideration all the 4A infringements the people of Boston endured while LE was searching for them, although I do not expect AG Eric Holder to say anything about any of that "because it was for the greater good".

He in fact is a citizen. He was granted Citizenship on Sep 11, 2012.... *Enter Conspiracy Theorists*

CNN announced that he will not be treated as an "Enemy Combatant"... because he didn't use an AR of course :lol:

Itsricmo said:
He in fact is a citizen. He was granted Citizenship on Sep 11, 2012.... *Enter Conspiracy Theorists*

CNN announced that he will not be treated as an "Enemy Combatant"... because he didn't use an AR of course :lol:

You can only be considered a terrorist if you are outside of our borders where they can call in a drone strike.

With these guys it was obviously just a case of workplace violence that got a little out of hand.

A little community service will set him straight, being shot has taught him his lesson.

[/sarcasm]

MikeD said:
Itsricmo said:

You can only be considered a terrorist if you are outside of our borders where they can call in a drone strike.

With these guys it was obviously just a case of workplace violence that got a little out of hand.

A little community service will set him straight, being shot has taught him his lesson.

[/sarcasm]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0_QSmxKJ8M[/youtube]

Back