1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Bowtech acquires Excalibur

Discussion in 'Crossbow' started by MikeD, Jan 6, 2014.

1. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing. The rumblings on the crossbow forums seem to lean towards bad. I guess Bowtechs CS is not that great and Excalibur has always been exceptional.

I'll be honest, one of the major selling points when I bought my Excal was the better than average CS. I also know nothing of Bowtech other than 2nd hand stuff so I'll have to wait and see how it unfolds.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Thanks for the heads-up MikeD !!
  3. OhioArcher

OhioArcher Where's da fishes? Supporter "Philanthropist"

Bowtech has had their issues, most notably limb delaminations and cracks. A lot of the complaints I saw about the CS was customers wanted completely new bows vs new limbs. And the turn around times were slow but considering the number of limbs replaced it really wasn't that bad.

I don't know if the buyout is a good or bad thing either.
  4. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

It appears that Bowtech did not acquire Excalibur, it was acquired by Bowtech's parent company ATK Sporting Group. It looks like both companies will continue to operate independently under ATK Sporting Group but share ideas.

This could still be good or bad depending on what ideas are shared and adopted. I am curious to see what influences carry over into each companies line.

I am not very familiar with Bowtech but Excal is releasing a new crossbow (Excalibur Matrix Mega 405 )this year that will be the first recurve to surpass the 400fps barrier with a 290# draw weight.

Edit: From the Excal Forum:

5. OhioArcher

OhioArcher Where's da fishes? Supporter "Philanthropist"

That's. Cool.