• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Box Label Decipher

Thanks.

I added a bit to the reply above re that the pump-action shotgun must be a 'factory' 14" as well to be 'non-restricted' here.

IIRC, if you cut a pump-action bbl to below 18", it is classed as 'prohibited'. Prohibited class firearms here are only for those who were grandfathered many years ago, and you cannot shoot them at all, not even at an approved range. They include everything from short barreled handguns, to fully automatic AR's and the like.

Then there are guns like the Franchi SPAS-12 shotgun... they outright confiscated all of them w/o compensation back in the early 90's before the grandfathering. The Terminator made it just too scary for anyone to own I reckon.

There is no rhyme or reason to all these so called 'gun laws'.

Grandfathering was for things like 4" and less handguns back in 1995 when the laws really changed (licensing, 5/30 AR mags, registry, etc, etc. - all b/c of that dirtbag that killed 14 women in 1989 at Ecole Polytechnique in Montreal with a Ruger Mini-14). You can also have the 'prohibited' class added to your license if they are inherited.

The 14" 590 I got back in 2002 was never an issue though, and still 'non-restricted'. I don't shoot much anymore, and my 590 has been in the safe since 2005. I can still feel the pain of shooting a few 3" magnum slugs through it. The plan recently was to sell it, but am back and forth on it.

There's a reason. It's called absolute control.

Back