• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Boy did this open my eyes....

No offense taken, my friend. We're all having fun here discussing what might work, and what might not!

I didn't think you were being harsh. In retrospect, it seems (to me) that buying 500 rounds locally from an atypical source wasn't such a bad thing afterall in our one isolated case, compared to formally ordering too much thru the state acquisition system and waiting a year just to find out after reviewing it that it isn't what we want.

I'd bet the DOD is sometimes guilty of spending a ton of money on stuff just to find out it's crap in the field, right? <grin>

I like this Barnes bullet, and until I can get the Federal LE223T3 to shoot I think I'll be sticking with this.

Cheers,

Dave

Sad commentary that a PD needs to go <No, we didn't "need" to go there. That was explained after you posted this.> to a local gunshow to procure ammo...

Next thing you know they will have to go to Piggly Wiggly to buy cheap donuts...:eek: j/k nitesite...

That post made me laugh... Good One: Hahhaahhaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!!

No offense taken, my friend. We're all having fun here discussing what might work, and what might not!

I didn't think you were being harsh. In retrospect, it seems (to me) that buying 500 rounds locally from an atypical source wasn't such a bad thing afterall in our one isolated case, compared to formally ordering too much thru the state acquisition system and waiting a year just to find out after reviewing it that it isn't what we want.

I'd bet the DOD is sometimes guilty of spending a ton of money on stuff just to find out it's crap in the field, right? <grin>

I like this Barnes bullet, and until I can get the Federal LE223T3 to shoot I think I'll be sticking with this.

Cheers,

Dave

Yeah, you could say that. Although it's gotten a lot better, but almost to the extreme in which they are buying everything and then testing it out later. Speeds up the process to get the good stuff to Joe in the field, but is also very, very expensive, and doesn't always result in systems that talk to each other or are easy to support. Almost too many options, so they just get one of everything that looks like a good idea, especially in the past decade. Has led to some good innovation, but also a lot of snake oil.

You do have a point about local purchasing to test it, which is something I didn't consider. I guess my biggest shock was buying it at a gunshow, just because prices are so high and you never know what you are getting there. And that they would consult their "ammo nerds" to confirm, even through a quick google search for reviews.

Barnes bullet looks good. Have you guys tried the Hornady TAP or Barrier?

Holy smokes is right. I posted the exact same link at the bottom of my post #18 but it's buried where it's difficult to see.

That's just crazy, isn't it???????????????????/

Back