• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Boyd's Stock and Fore End for a 930

Deep1

.270 WIN
Has anyone on this forum installed a Boyd's walnut or laminated stock on their 930. If so, I would really appreciate a picture and your opinion on it. Thanks.

Has anyone on this forum installed a Boyd's walnut or laminated stock on their 930. If so, I would really appreciate a picture and your opinion on it. Thanks.
Didnt know they had one. They didnt last time I looked. Im definitely going to look into this.

They list it standard as walnut stock and forend $65- each. Laminate extra and they offer finish and checkering options. But there are no pictures.

If you look up the pics of their 500 stocks they should be very similar.

01117.jpg 25117.jpg

From the Boyds site

That is the Plainsman Stock and forend. The one they list for the 930 is called the Field Design. This is how they describe it.

The Boyds Field Designed buttstocks and forends provide an economical means of breathing new life into proud, old guns. To uphold the nostalgia of these firearms, Boyds has recreated stocks inspired by the traditional appearance of these older firearms. The Field Design buttstocks and forearms are finished to replicate the appearance of the traditional oil rubbed finish.

I wrote them and asked if the stocks they sell would fit on my Rhythm 930's - they never bothered to respond ......

I wrote them and asked if the stocks they sell would fit on my Rhythm 930's - they never bothered to respond ......

I cannot think of any reason why it would not fit.

Thanks mike - but I wanted to hear them state that ........as I was going Hog wild and was going to order the fancy Super grade Walnut and Limbsaver ,etc.

it's the second time Boyd's ignored my emails ......... I guess they just don't like me ......
If they have a number available try calling. Email is to easy to miss if they receive a lot, it gets incorrectly filtered, etc.

Yeah be careful about relying on e-mail systems for any critical communication.

Your e-mail might have got tagged as junk or spam. It might not have wound up in the right folder, and got deleted or just missed.

It's such a problem that my stockbroker won't take any orders over e-mail. If I want to buy or sell I have to call him.

Also sales of guns, ammunition & accessories have been very brisk in previous months. Lots of small companies are so busy they simply can't keep up with the business.

I am going to order a set real soon - but each time I go to do so I add on the fancy II walnut ,the high shine finish, some laser etching , and the deluxe butt pad .........and all the sudden its well over $300 !

I got the set and it sure is purdy ! Can't wait to see if it's a direct fit . I will post a pix without delay .

It sure ain't no direct fit........., spent over an hour trying to grind down the forearm - and the finish was very sloppy to boot !

Bummer was it sold as a drop in or semi-inlet? Many of the Boyds stocks require small amound to tweeking from gun to gun.

I've always been happy with their 10/22 stocks. I hope this is just a fluke and not a sign that their QC is deteriorating.

Were you finally able to get it to fit?

Back