• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Boyd's Stock and Fore End for a 930

we had agreat time , his mom went too ! She's the best shot of us three!
Her 20 ga. Weatherby is under 6 lbs ., my son shot very well but his form leaves much to be desired - I hit 3 out of about 50 clay pigeons , so I was happy as that was an improvement over last time .
Say , that inlaid gold on his 12 ga. is 24 karat isn't it ??

If it bonds you and your son together then it's 24 karat for sure.
;)

Again - u sure seem like a very likable feller Caddman ........I love my son more then anything on this earth ..........

Thank you Lefty. I think your son is a lucky boy. That's something I missed in life.

I have 2 daughters and 7 granddaughters myself. No boys. In fact I was the first boy born on my mom's side of the family in 75 years & none since. The good news is the gals all like to shoot and go fishing.

Plus my wife likes to shoot and she likes to go fishing. She's a very adventurous sort for a kindergarten teacher. When I first met her she was working on her black belt in karate and jiu-jitsu; and I've had her up in stunt planes and hot air balloons, on speedboats, and thousands of miles on the back of a motorcycle.

Life could be a lot worse. :D

No doubt you focus on what you hit and not what you missed ....., you hit a Home Run with your wife and children ;and I can tell your rather an extraordinary fellow.
Fishing was the glue that bonded me to my father ,but unfortunately we no longer speak - too much black water under the bridge .
I penned something years ago that I'm sure was said before :
" The real joy's in life come not from what you can hold in your hand .......but rather from what streams down your cheeks and pours from your heart "

That's too bad about your dad, Lefty.

I lost my dad 14 years ago, but we generally got along quite well.

He taught me to shoot, but he never taught me to hunt. He was hunting and trapping in the Appalachians back in the 30's.

My Pappy used to love to tell the story of his first deer hunt . Up in Canada , he was walking thru the woods when out of no where came a GIANT buck running full speed past him ...he turned and his trusty .30-06 went off and as luck would have it, it blew a cannon ball sized hole thru his shoulder and a miracle had occurred .............they got a couple of loggers with their Bulldozer to take the monster buck back to camp where that butchered and captured the process on 8 m.m film .
He had the antlers mounted and for a few decades would recipient the story to whomever took interest .
All I know for sure is a got (2) .30-06's and hope one day to go deer hunting ! I'm 61 years old now ..................sounds like you are almost 70 my friend ;)

I have been following this discussion closely starting with reply #25 from @Lefty9 . Lefty, if you don't mind, I'm reposting your first reply with larger images because they are easier to make out the defects. Scoop.

Lefty9 writes> Oh the agony ............! I tried to take telling images, cropping and changing contrast and sharpening ,etc......... but you really cant tell sheet from them . Each one is a photo of a defect in craftsmanship though . I think the forearm is only 45$ ; so I may just order another one.

index.php
index.php

index.php
index.php

index.php
index.php

index.php

Thanks Scoop for getting the thread back on track ; but it's a gift from forums like this to find a friend such as Caddmann...........
I was 49 when my son was born and I have tried to get him deep into firearms. He's pretty much addicted to "Video Games" and the like - but he has his own Kimber Micro .380 as well as the 12 ga. Benelli Montefeltdro (sp?)
I was given a gift recently of having my lil' China Doll wife of 15 years getting into Skeet and pistol Target shooting with a PASSION !!
She joined a local Asian Gun Club with near 500 members and they have a blast with coordinated shoots, dinners, and hunting excursions........ She wants a Savage 555 and a Walther Q5 now....:)

Awww.... Thanks Lefty.

A lot of Vietnamese people moved here after the war, and there are quite a number of Asian shooters at our Club.

I still have not fitted the fore arm completely ; the poor gun has been leaning UN-assembled against the door frame for neer a month ..... I'm off to my farm in So. Illinois to shoot the guns that are ready !

Back