• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bug-out Vehicles (BOV's)

The best for the scenario. Totally low tech - no liquid fuels, no electrical stuff, can be applied to many different situations, can go where iron and rubber can't, and you can eat them if they break down. :) : My great grandma bugged out in one of these.

wagon.jpg

The best for the scenario. Totally low tech - no liquid fuels, no electrical stuff, can be applied to many different situations, can go where iron and rubber can't, and you can eat them if they break down. :) : My great grandma bugged out in one of these.

wagon.jpg

Is that an UFO in the upper left corner? That's what you'd really need...

I'm thinking of the urban bug or if we stay put a vehicle for use as needed.

I'm looking at LEO and other agency cars sold at auction. Many sell at local auction and prices are good. I can learn the agency ( usually can tell by the stripped graphics) - some sell at pretty low mileage and I know who sits and idles and who drives ( honest miles).

Many come with engine and suspension packages. I'd look for the push-bar package.

Add run flat tires (I like Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires) and some secure storage...

I'm thinking there might be a market for these as well - maybe I can buy a few and sock one away for free.

2wd may not be ideal but I'm not going to get to even a dirt road from where I live for many miles. I'm seeing something strong and stout enough to push abandoned or wrecked cars out of the way and keep moving.

Have I been watching too much TV?! Steel plate in the doors? Lexan panels for driver?! True armor and replacement windows would be very expensive. Looking for value engineering. Hmmm-how to protect the radiator without blocking too much air flow?!

My favorite power wagon of all time.

Rick Simons' Power Wagon ;)

truck%20simon-simon-dodge.jpg

power-wagon.jpg

I love the early generation power wagons the most and hopefully one day I will own one.

I'm thinking of the urban bug or if we stay put a vehicle for use as needed.

I'm looking at LEO and other agency cars sold at auction. Many sell at local auction and prices are good. I can learn the agency ( usually can tell by the stripped graphics) - some sell at pretty low mileage and I know who sits and idles and who drives ( honest miles).

Many come with engine and suspension packages. I'd look for the push-bar package.

Add run flat tires (I like Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires) and some secure storage...

I'm thinking there might be a market for these as well - maybe I can buy a few and sock one away for free.

2wd may not be ideal but I'm not going to get to even a dirt road from where I live for many miles. I'm seeing something strong and stout enough to push abandoned or wrecked cars out of the way and keep moving.

Have I been watching too much TV?! Steel plate in the doors? Lexan panels for driver?! True armor and replacement windows would be very expensive. Looking for value engineering. Hmmm-how to protect the radiator without blocking too much air flow?!

That cop car is going to have limited-slip, so that is a plus... Bluesmobile video LINK

I for some reason have 2 BOV's Both 2nd gen cummins powered rams, custom long travel suspension on both. White one has 475 horse at the rear wheels, then other one has 550 at the rear wheels, over 1100 ft lbs of torque. Burgundy truck has a nv5600 6 speed with a southbend dual disc clutch, huge turbo, 4" exhaust straight pipe, 125 horse injectors, fass 150 fuel pump, BD intercooler, edge comp box stacked on top of an ez. 456 gears, lockers front and rear. Runs like a pissed off raped ape.
Don't drive these that much anymore, but they are registered and fueled up.

Attachments

• IMG_0269.jpg
    IMG_0269.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1204.jpg
    IMG_1204.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 25
I'm not much of a dodge guy ,I love gm products but there was a guy with a seriously fixed up cummins that would turn consistant 11.40's and it's his daily driver!

We don't have a bug out vechicle at the moment but ,the 2000 s10 blazer has been reliable! if s#$ t hits the fan I getting another k5 blazer our old one was a tank and went everywhere not much stopped it!

What's it do in the quarter? I've seen vids of Rams in the 12s... :eek:

Not sure, it is a 8,000 lb truck with 4.56 gears and 37" tires. It will move, but shifting past 6 geas in a 3000 rpm engine does not win races. On the highway when you wanted to go from 50 to 80 mph, that is where she will shine. She will also go up the grapevine with a 10,000 lb load like there is nothing behind you. Fuel milage plummets after 65 mph.

No electronic ign for sure. But i'm really surprised that no one has mentioned yer basic old van.

I for some reason have 2 BOV's Both 2nd gen cummins powered rams, custom long travel suspension on both. White one has 475 horse at the rear wheels, then other one has 550 at the rear wheels, over 1100 ft lbs of torque. Burgundy truck has a nv5600 6 speed with a southbend dual disc clutch, huge turbo, 4" exhaust straight pipe, 125 horse injectors, fass 150 fuel pump, BD intercooler, edge comp box stacked on top of an ez. 456 gears, lockers front and rear. Runs like a pissed off raped ape.
Don't drive these that much anymore, but they are registered and fueled up.

Got any mounted weapons on board, or capability to do so? :)

Just got a steal on getting something in line for a BOV. 2000 Ford Explorer Limited V-8 all wheel drive, black, leather, rack on top. I replaced the radio with a JVC that gives me me hands free voice control, put a 100 amp fuse for accessories, mounted 2500 watt inverter, Bearcat scanner with gps, Galaxy CB with 250 kicker. Wilson cell phone repeater, replaced battery terminals and gave it a new battery. Bumpers will be next thing to replace and put a winch on it. After tax, title and inspection and a couple of parts, have about $3200 in it. 168k on it but it runs good. The 302 should be easy on parts. Came with new tires. Needs paint but that can wait.

Here are my 2 :

My 2014 GMC Sierra All Terain - Full skid plates auto 4x4 etc etc

f7318599b8664cd134e9ad47f1598198.jpg

930248620278fe7f760410ebb651fb15.jpg

My 07 Yamaha Rhino ..... Winch, 4x4 Front / rear pushbar bumpers , lights, on/offroad tires, motor is submergable, first aid kit, compressor, am/fm radio if there is any news broadcasts & she's great on gas ..... My 14 All terrain Sierra's better but this would be good to roam around during doomsday ....lol....[emoji4]

I still think a carb'd engine with basic electronics is the best.
all the modern stuff is not reliable and not easily fixed. Think old vw's, etc.

Back