• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bug-out Vehicles (BOV's)

3Iy82iQ.jpg
3Iy82iQ.jpg

Need to set the remote control interface up
then finish the install on the JVC install. Have the Wilson
phone cradle attached to the windshield with usb power
and aux cable for smart phones etc.
DijkiNB.jpg

Put the 102 inch stainless whip on it for the Galaxy raidio. Mag mount antennas for the Bearcat
scanner and cell phone repeater.
sAWgFpU.jpg

The Wilson Repeater
3RRwd83.jpg

The Galaxy, Bearcat and Palamar 250.
HkitQ5d.jpg

Cobra 2500 Watt 5000 Watt max with remote switch.
LXdwSpe.jpg

Body is in fair shape.
ycEqzUc.jpg

It's a tight fit but it rides well with no rattles.
Bearcat GPS on the dash.
ZGpheO7.jpg

100 amp fuse for accessories. Still need to run the power cables to the inverter.
PVCQmKi.jpg

Getting around 18.1 doing Texas speed limits.

My other vehicle is a Ford Lariat 2003 4x4 auto everything but an excellent runner.

Yep agreed MB that's whats nice about my year rhino, its the 07 before they went with electronic fuel injection ....... got just the basic electronics .... would be easy to maintain / repair .....

Don't have a dedicated BOV at this point, but I'm working on it. What we do have is a 2010 Subaru Outback as my wife's daily driver. Pretty damn capable for it's size, and very fuel effecient for what it can do. Averages about 26 MPG, and while she won't let me go offroading to test it out, I think it could get us through a lot of crap quick and quiet. We have a roof rack carrier we use for camping that hooks up in minutes and stores a ton of gear.

I also have a 99 Silverado, 5.3 v8, extended cab, towing package, as much of an offroad package as you can get stock. This was my daily driver for about 4 years, but when I started a new gig driving 60+ miles a day I grabbed a beater Mazda protege for work. So now the truck doesn't get used as much, and I'm starting to fix all the little piddly shit that's gone wrong over the last few years of abuse.

Part of that will eventually be a brush guard, a second set of tires for offroad/snow (we get lots in WI), winch, topper for the bed, and maybe a small lift eventually. It's not a rock climber, but for a DD vehicle that looks stock and will get me the FOD it's about all I could ask for. The hardest decision would be which to take.

If today was the day the Subaru would win, once I fix a joint on the truck, it might take the spot. Hell, for now I'd have the wife follow me in the Subie so I could use my steel bumper to mow down anything in the way.

Our BOL is a friend's farm/land that's only about 35 miles and only 2 small towns away. I figure we can take both vehicles and sort out the rest once we have some shelter and a few more numbers. That way we don't have to pick and choose gear and supplies either, throw whatever we can in the bed of the truck, cover with a tarp, toss the important stuff in the Outback, and away we go.

Someday I'll get a big diesel truck that doesn't have a damn computer, until then I'm pretty happy with my prospects. Hell, maybe I can trade my mazda for some ammo!

The best BOV. No electrics at all. Can be broken down into component parts, float across water, don't need gas or diesel, goes where modern vehicles can't, and you can eat the engine. :)

conestoga-wagon-H.jpeg

I love my Subaru and its a good choice. but I would pick my e250 van over it if I had to choose. but if I was doing a real shtf vehicle it would be an old suburban type vehicle or van. no 4x4 but possibly a locking rear diff, maybe not as the idea is to keep it simple. but for sure it would be gas, easier to get than diesel, it would have a carb and std ignition. no electronics per say. any electronics failure would put you at the side of the road. think the old vw van.

Don't have one, but definitely have been thinking. Does anyone know if EMP will affect electronics that are not being used when the event were to take place ? After the fact would an electronic ignition system still function ?

Future BOV under wraps: 1963 IHC Scout. No electronics. Barely has wiring.
Dad parked this about 1976. Needs total overhaul.
bugscout.jpg

There's moss growing on the front there....

It's just peeking out from the curtain...
I really don't have any good pics of this one and it's currently under wraps.
bugscout2.jpg

Back