• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Burris Fastfire Wings

Stag1

.270 WIN
I have the new Burris Fastfire III for my 500 SPX and absolutely love it. Makes getting on targets quicker than the ghost rings sights for me. Here is a picture of the site.

622328.jpg

What I was wondering, has anybody used the wings mount they make for it and is it worth the $60.00 they are wanting?

410330FF3.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Burris-Fastfi...373739780&sr=8-4&keywords=burris+fastfire+iii

I had bought a Burris combo with the 1-4x scope, FF3 and mount and ended up returning it for just the 1-4x scope. How do you like the FF3 reticle? Mine was the 3 moa model and it was more like 3 x 8 moa oblong shape. It looked like a squigly line instead of a dot. The auto adjust for light changes didn't always work either and this was before it was mounted. The packaging looked like it may have been sent to someone else before me and then returned. I had read good things on the FF3 so I thought I just got a clunker.

I liked the size of and simplicity of it although I prefer dials to the push button adjust. I hope you shoot us a range report with it.

Sorry I can't comment on the mount as I didn't have that one.

I really like the Fastfire 3, so far after a couple trips to the range it has worked as designed.

The oblong shape you speak of, I also kind of see that, but that is caused by my astigmatism which causes any dot to look like that. Its very common type of vision problem that a lot of people have and seems to surface with any type of reflex type of sight. There is usually a spot on the dot that sticks out more and I use that as my focus point for aiming and sighting in.

It sucks to get old, but would probably help if I would go get a new eye prescription :lol:

depends on what you put you shotgun through, don’t know if you would think the price is worth it but my picatinny protector mount has saved my micro reflex (clone of a FF) a few time in the woods and camp. Would be a little nicer if it had a hood but the wings stick up above the glass enough that it hasn’t been able break it ......yet

Back