• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bushmaster Patrolman 499.99

I can remember when those were $779 dealer price right after the AWB died.

Out the door prices were just south of $900.

Maybe a little sad, but I have a sales counter mat that has all of BM's post ban models on it.

Text says something like "best by a long shot" or something along those lines.

Well i realigned my loyalty to the good folks in Wyndham after the Bushy buy out and backstab moving plant. BUT this is still a good rifle and a darn good price so i had to put it up. In fact even though i prefer to roll my own im gonna grab one LOL.

I agree.

I don't know that Wyndham will ever achieve the instant name recognition that they had originally built up, and sold out to the 3 headed dog.

At one time, there were only a handful of companies who were selling AR's, especially during the ban years. There was Colt, who was mainly interested in gov't contracts and was a lot like H&K (whereas you suck and they hate you), Olympic Arms/SGW, Bushmaster, Rock River, Defense Procurement who later became known as DPMS and a smaller company in Louisiana (Essential Arms I think), and a guy in florida that was selling a lower with the navy seals trident on the side of it. I think they were selling as gunsmoke. JP Enterprise (John Paul) was selling very high end competition guns and parts.

Oh, there was PAWS in Oregon too, but they catered more to LEO than civy sales. They made a lot of the transferable M16s from SGW and Olympic Arms cast receivers too pre '86.

But yeah, I've been around AR's for a very long time.

Seems like I come across a new manufacturer name about once a month I had never heard of and can't keep track of most of them these days.

Yep hard to throw a rock any direction and not hit one now. I dont think its sustainable at all especially were prices are since this mass inventory dump of late.

Yeah, there will be a lot that won't be renewing their yearly manufacturing licenses come next July 1. Guaranteed.

I really worry about the major manufacturers.

Olympic is in the process of trying to sell and they're one of the few companies who actually MAKE most of the parts in the guns and also sells to many of the other companies.

A lot of table top "assembling houses" have really hurt the AR companies, both large and small. Colt has declared bankruptcy (again). And are all but begging civilians they turned their back on for so long to bail them out.

I hate to say it, but I honestly think a lot of the "cheapest" parts out there, are probably imported now, and companies who once had the market cornered, are having a hard time keep their doors open at the price point they have set. Both in the political climate, and by other means.

Anyway, sorry for the thread hijack.

Again.

I would not buy a Bushie made during the past few years.

Just me.......

Dj~

Yeah, I probably would enjoy owning one myself. That is a very attractive price for sure. Appreciate the heads up. I'm just a lot pissed off at Remington and its subsidiaries but mostly Remington. I'm Sorry. I sounded like a gun snob and I most definitely am not "that guy". Apologies all around.

Oh, and if anyone wishes not to wait for the $150 rebate check from Bushmaster there is THIS really good carbine from Smiff&Western

https://www.cdnnsports.com/smith-wesson-m-p15-556-sport-ii-custom-pack-25840.html#.WS6zKcaZNBw

These are solid guns with LIFETIME WARRANTIES.

Not snob sounding to me at all buddy.
Oh i HATE remington now. And despise what was done to original bushmaster plant in wyndahm its why i purchased several wyndahm weaponry rifles back when and have encourage many others too. But ive soften slightly now amd have a purpose for the bush. As for major gum manufacturers most can kiss off. The whole Freedom group remy marlin bush etc..barf conglomerate i hate. Ruger well documented pissed me off bad still havent bought another. Smith Wesson let me count the ways theyve made me sick. Now RRA and Springfield. Colt wow they deserve swift kick and ni bailout. Deep down im thinking most just suck now.

Last edited:
That is a good price. I paid $600 after the $50 MIR back in Nov 2014 and thought that was a good deal. I've put 700 rounds through it with no problems. Bushmaster works for me.

Glad I own an early Bushmaster because it seems better than the current Freedom Group version. However I am probably biased

For $500 but I would maybe buy the current gun just because really it can't be that terrible. Just the company is. The gun is probably okay.

Back