• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bushnell PCL throwdown

zagmp03

.270 WIN
Has anyone gotten their hands on this thing? I've seen some reviews of it and lots of talk and they are coming out s.l.o.w.l.y., but haven't seen any in the wild. Sounds like a TON of scope for $250 range...FFP, power control lever, BTR-1 reticle, illuminated...some features that are scarce in scopes at twice the money.

This is next on my purchase list unless someone pipes up with some bad news/reviews...

http://www.bushnell.com/getmedia/ea9419 ... 0&ext=.png

I was going to get one but Bushnell kept putting them off, last date was July of 13 and that didn't pan out so I ordered a 3x magnifier yesterday for the red dot and decided to go with that instead of a 1-4.that way I can at least still use my BUIS and retain the speed of the red dot from 0 to 100 yards
Love to try one some time though

Oli, will let you know. I just pulled the trigger on one, so will give some details as I get it and run it out a little.

Oli, finally got the PCL in - took almost 60 days from order date, straight from Bushnell. Every time I talked to them, they were very apologetic and explained the incredible demand for this optic. I understood, and was I ever glad that I waited...

I'll put up an actual review when I get a chance to run it at the range, but suffice to say this thing is a lot of optic for the price range. Excellent movement on the lever, glass is very clear, all knobs are very definite in their clicks and have good, sturdy feel. A little heavy in the body, but feels very solid. Mounted up well in an offset mount I have, will throw some pics up when I get it to the range.

It's definitely worth it. If you are LE/MIL, send them a message and they will do you right. And their customer service is top shelf.

So, a short review.

I was a little disappointed initially with the size of the reticle at 4x power. Seemed a little small, but then I realized it was limited to what it could do at FFP being only 4x. So I waited until I got to the range...

1x Reticle

4x Reticle

This optic shot very well during my limited test. Holds zero very well, returns to zero shooting a box and the clicks are right on at .1MIL each. A little heavy, but not bad compared to others in its class. Very clear glass. PCL is excellent, will stay out when you want it out, and folds nicely when you want it back. Reticle is nice and bright, and is daylight usable in bright sunlight, almost as bright as the Vortex Sparc it replaced.

Some notes: a CR2032 battery will last about 12 hours in this optic, or overnight if you leave it on at "11" power. Don't ask me how I know :)
The reticle takes a little getting used to at distance. I zeroed at 100m no problem, but then since I didn't have the book, I didn't know where the hash marks hit for 200m and 300m, so I couldn't hit a damn thing. Not the optics fault, but mine alone. Will get that wrung out next time. Added the hash markings to the picture for future reference - the confusing part for me I think was the top of the upside down "T" is the center of the 200, 300, 400 and 500, while the bottom of the "T" is the 100m zero.

More beauty pics to follow, just leaving this post in between readings for school.

Attachments

• 20130926_202304.jpg
    20130926_202304.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 117
  • 20130926_202329.jpg
    20130926_202329.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 116
Back