1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Bushnell Red Dot

Discussion in 'Holographic/Red Dot Sights' started by lpr715, Nov 7, 2015.

1. lpr715

lpr715 Copper BB

Does anyone have any experience with the Bushnell Trophy Red Dot Sight? What sort of calibers can it withstand? I'm trying to find an affordable ($75 or less) sight for deer season because where I'm hunting, it's fairly thick brush and I wanted something for shorter range and I could have a better field of view.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  2. John A.

John A. Unconstitutional laws are not laws. Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

I have the original 4 reticle bushnell trophy, TRS25, and TRS32 optics.

I know many like the trs25 due to the smaller profile, but I'm not a big fan of the lower 1/3'rd cowitness with the AR mount. I have another less the hi rise mount that I like well on my AK.

What are you wanting to know about the 4 reticle trophy red dot? Or are you looking at the single dot?
  3. lpr715

lpr715 Copper BB

I'm not worried about the reticle although I do like the options the 1x28mm Trophy Red Dot offers, but I am mainly concerned about the sights' durability as far as standing up to a deer rifle's recoil.

4. nitesite

nitesite Average Guy Moderator "Philanthropist"

What is a deer rifle's recoil? Pardon, but is yours a real 'heavy hitter'.... or something maybe a bit less?

You might not believe me about this, but many air rifles (yep, pneumatic pellet guns) can be harder on an optic (a red-dot or especially a scope) than what energy comes from a centerfire rifle or a shotgun.

Optics can be "quirky".

That's why I am curious about what cartridge and rifle and the overall weight of your hunting gun.

BTW (I would have to verify it but) I believe I have what is a Bushnell Trophy Hunter Red Dot that I bought it as a factory reconditioned version and it has worked on a LOT of my centerfire long guns over a long period of time. It is a tube type RDS with a CR2032 battery under the brightness adjustment knob. I believe it could stand up to a lot.
  5. lpr715

lpr715 Copper BB

That's amazing about the air rifles. But I'm using a .270 WIN ATR 100.

6. John A.

John A. Unconstitutional laws are not laws. Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

My bushnell trophy 4 reticle sight has been on .223, 9mm, and has been on a 12 gauge with 18 inch barrel for about 6 years now and I have shot both slugs and shot with it.
  7. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

I dont recall ever having a red dot fail as a result of recoil. I have had electronics fail.