• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Butt stocks?

12gafun

.270 WIN
So which one would everyone recommend
The ATI Akita adjustable butt stock or save a bit of money
go with the Hogue 12" LOP butt stock I had the Hogue 12" LOP on my 500 & really was kinda to short, but thinking since the safety controls are different might fit differently on the Maverick 88.

I am on the fence on which one to get the ATI is like almost $100 dollars, but the Hogue is like $60.00 Thanks for the replies on this.

I'd go Hogue all day long.

I have them set up on all my pump guns, including my Mav '88. Aimpro Tactical does offer a 13" LOP version. Order with caution though, their order processing and wait times can be a bit ridiculous...

I agree on the Hogue. I recommend them without hesitation. If the 12" is too short and AIMPRO is impossible to get a hold of, a limb saver slip on recoil pad can be added. Some have found that solution to strike a balance between the too short 12" and too long 14".

Well went with the ATI instead, I saw a Mossberg 500 up close with each of the butt stock I was asking about and I like the feel of the ATI Akita Butt stock. Thanks for the replies.

I own both stocks and have each installed on a Mossberg. I will recommend the ATI Akita all day long.

I own both stocks and have each installed on a Mossberg. I will recommend the ATI Akita all day long.

Well I did go with the ATI, I ordered it from there website, I know one thing there shipping is slow still haven't got any info if it's been shipped yet. Was told in a email from them that it would ship out Friday the 19th & I would get a email stating said shipment. Well didn't get any email yet, maybe tomorrow.
So what about the ATI you like over the Hogue, besides the LOP adjustment of course. Thanks for the reply!

Well I did go with the ATI, I ordered it from there website, I know one thing there shipping is slow still haven't got any info if it's been shipped yet. Was told in a email from them that it would ship out Friday the 19th & I would get a email stating said shipment. Well didn't get any email yet, maybe tomorrow.
So what about the ATI you like over the Hogue, besides the LOP adjustment of course. Thanks for the reply!

Well, the one thing I like most is that my cat does not eat my ATI butt-stock. My cat literally eats the over-molded rubber grip on the Hogue butt-stock. The other thing I really like about the ATI is its cheek-weld. In its second height position my eyes fall right in-line with my Mossberg Ghost-ring sights. I like the shortest LOP on the Akita and will not likely adjust it to a longer pull, but that doesn't mean one of my Nephews won't. I believe you will be pleased with the Akita Stock.

Sounds great excited to get this butt stock. Hopefully I will receive some information about my order from ATI, so far being already a week has gone by & nothing yet. Thanks for your replies

I know one thing ATI really takes there time to delivering your items, I ordered them over a week ago and just now got tracking information. Was told on several occasions that it was getting shipped out on this day then this day, but nothing as of right now all info I have is that for the last 2 days shipping label has been generated but not picked up by shipping provider. This is going to be my first & last transaction through ATI website.

I made my own. A friend gave me a M500 stock and I ordered a Houge grind to fit pad. I chopped the stock, ground the pad and got a 13inch LOP for the price of the pad and a couple hours work. I debated about buying the Houge stock, but didn't wane to sink that much into a $200 shotgun. Besides, it was fun!

Back