• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

BYE BYE-Photobucket wants to charge $400/yr

I don't think it has anything to do with liability because if you read their fine print they disclaim liability for anything and everything, and you agree to that when you sign up.

I think it's all about data mining, as the larger their database is, the more profitable their data mining will be.
They say that but they still retain things.

Sadly I think a lot will just pay the $40 a month to keep their lives running smoothly. Probably enough to offset those that don't which is probably why they set the price point high. Given that most that do pay will probably pay monthly, they will make even more.

I really hope people tell them to pound sand. I guess we will have to wait and see where it goes.

I am pissed that my build threads, hunting threads, etc are now all picture less.

Can you really delete an account or is it like Facebook where they hold on to your personal data forever?

Before asking pb to delete your account, manually go in and delete all of the photos yourself manually. You may can also do that by deleting the various sub-folders separately I think on a bulk level ?????

That's the only way to ensure that you delete it from orbit.

I am about halfway through saving photos that I want to keep, and that's what I plan to do.

And for the reasons mentioned.

As long as google and other search engines have Cached various photos and stuff in google search, they will probably still retain them, but even so, the linkback to the source will be broken by me, and perhaps maybe pb if they really delete it. And if not, see above.

Another reason why I appreciate that the forum owner has chosen to still allow direct upload to the forum without hotlinking to a photo hosting source.

That is far beyond PB and those topics are still full of photos.

Dang those guys. I probably won't close my account, but I don't have any use for PB any more. The only thing I used it for was posting photos on forums. All my stuff is backed up on Google Drive.

Here are some photo hosting sites that are still free, and allow 3rd party hosting. I went to FLICKR. Keep in mind that Tiny Pic is a part of PhotoBucket

https://www.lifewire.com/free-image-hosting-sites-3486329

I've used Flicker and I used Shutterfly for a little while but basically I just quit using forums which don't host.

It's not a big deal. I have a small Forum which costs me $72 a year to run, without advertisements, no banners or pop-ups, and it hosts photos.

Now it only allows for 50,000 page views per month, and if I run out I have to cough up another 6 bucks, but it is very small and I haven't had to do that yet.

I believe the Mossberg Owners costs 20 times that to run.

My account is still active, despite the note on my account screen that it will be deleted by 7/5/17.

I also cannot find a contact us button to remind photobucket that I want no part of them making money on my material (which everyone knows they have done over the years).

I spent a few hours the other day retrieving photos I still want or need...mostly because it was photo data related to articles I've published.

I'm almost done with my two PB accounts...and once there...will delete all the folders I can.

SCREW PHOTOBUCKET !!! :mad:

Despite removing all my pictures as well as deactivating my account I continue to get emails from them telling me I am attempting third party hosting and need to update my account.

I guess people continue to click on links I posted so they keep emailjng me. I'm now unsubscribed to those as well, lets see if they continue to bug me.

Same here MikeD.

I unsubscribed and still get the same emails.

And have deleted all photos so no one is still clicking on my content.

I reported the emails as spam.

No more unsolicited emails.

They finally did delete my account I think. Or at least I can't log in anymore, so that's a good sign.

I've got pix on PB that I haven't accessed since about 2012. I have not and any communications from them and I shall not try to log into PB lest they start bugging me.

@CaddmannQ . PB is where all my scavenger hunt pix went.
Here is one of the pix, and it is still available on Hoolies today. I wonder how long that will last?

P9042741.jpg

Back