• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

CamelBak Delta-5, ***UPDATED W/ PICS***

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
I have ordered the Delta-5 tactical vest/hydration pack! After getting the Linchpin and seeing the quality, I knew the CamelBak was the way to go for my MOLLE vest too!

CamelBak Delta-5
gmi-cbd-cbr-delta-5-tactical-vest-black-07-large-300-B.ashx

Built for high-speed tactical environments, the NEW Delta-5™ Tactical Vest combines revolutionary design, fully integrated hands-free hydration, rugged pouches and ergonomic comfort. All constructed with the most durable materials on the market.

SPECS:
Hydration Capacity: 102 oz (3.1 L)

Total Volume: 189 cu in (3.1 L)

Includes the 102 oz (3.1 L) Low-Profile OMEGA® Water Beast™ Reservoir

Pack Weight: 3.1 lbs (1.4 kg)

Materials: Lightweight, durable 500D Cordura® Fabric

Pack Dimensions: 20 in x 24 in x 2 in (508 mm x 610 mm x 38 mm)

Features:
CamelBak® Got Your Bak™ Guarantee: If we built it, we'll Bak it™ with our lifetime guarantee

Reservoir Features: Easy-to-fill and clean wide-mouth OMEGA® opening, rugged and durable Water Beast™ material, leak-proof screw-cap, insulated PureFlow™ tube, patented Big Bite™ Valve, HydroLink™ Exit Port and Drink Port, HydroLock™ one-handed flow control

Additional Features: MOLLE attachments for CamelBak® pouches and zip-cuffs, Ambidextrous, no-slip butt stock seating, Ambidextrous metal sling/accessory attachment points, Velcro for ID and patches, Adjustible to fit most sizes, with or without body armor, Ergo angle Big Bite™ Valve with cover, Heavy-duty, low profile drag handle

Re: CamelBak Delta-5

I look forward to seeing your review Brad!

Me too! :D After getting the Linchpin and witnessing the exceptional quality, I knew the Delta-5 was the vest I wanted!!! Hope to have it here next week!

MSRP is $194, but the best I have seen is from Gear Zone for $124! I had seen it somewhere else for $100, but as I recal it was a closeout price on the old style Desert camo.

If CamelBak began making these in multi-cam and khaki, they wouldnt be able to keep them on the shelves I dont think! I however am getting black! It can be painted later if need be!

I had never seen the Delta 5. But I like it. Not to sure I like it $100+ but if i could get a good price on a used one, I might jump on this. Cool. Thanks for sharing.

Paul

You can check ebay, you can sometimes find them used there!

Congrats on the Delta-5 Rossignol...looks like your well on your way to surviving anything life throws your way !!

Looking forward to more on it in the near future... :cool:

raven01750 said:
I had never seen the Delta 5. But I like it. Not to sure I like it $100+ but if i could get a good price on a used one, I might jump on this. Cool. Thanks for sharing.

Paul

Another thought on this Paul, purchasing new assures the CamelBak "got your Bak" gaurantee! The Linchpin is an extreemly well made product, very solidly built and I cant imagine even heavy use destroying the thing. I am banking on the Delta-5 being of the same craftsmanship! It certainly includes the same gaurantee!!!

SHOOTER13 said:
Congrats on the Delta-5 Rossignol...looks like your well on your way to surviving anything life throws your way !!

Looking forward to more on it in the near future... :cool:

Thanks! Lets see, theres hunting hiking backpacking... zombies, and if youre Oli, Vampires out in the PNW!!! :lol:

I've been wanting to get this for quite awhile, and I cant carry everything... big thing is dogs need water too, so this combined with the Linchpin, we can carry 6 litres of water! On a good day, I go through a gallon on my own! Even when its cold, you have to stay hydrated!

Now, I'm not huge into SHTF conspiracy... but I like to do like the Boy Scouts and always be prepared. Its easier to carry what you can wear and this is another piece of that equation.

Finally, my hope is to be able to size it for Allison, add a 3 pistol mag MOLLE pouch, a cross draw or 45 degree 1911/full size holster, a shotgun shell carrier/caddy and if I ever decide on a rifle, a rifle magazine pouch. That with a couple other things depending on what we're doin, like a gps/radio pouch, compass pouch and some sort of MOLLE first aid kit and signalling stuff, like flares, strobe or mirror.

You see, its fully modular, it can be set up for competition maybe? or hiking/back packing, or invasion. Could be alien invasion, or if we're Oceana, could be from Eur-Asia, or East Asia. Could be from within, from the Marxists in the rank and file of our own govt.!

Ok, thats all a little tongue and cheek... just a little! ;) Real point is you can make it what you need it to be!

Sn3aKyGuY said:
Tons of great companies out there that make MOLLE pouches, but Condor Outdoors has some great stuff that I'll be investing in for my packs and 5.11 tac vest. http://www.condoroutdoor.com/modular_pouches.aspx

Yup! Very good point!!! I was just lookin at Condor the other day in addition to some of the BlackHawwk stuff Dan has posted!

Condor doesnt make a crossdraw holster that I've seen though, so i may get the 45 degree holster from SOE Gear. Though I just looked and the site says its not in production and they arent taking orders... Kinda leaves me in a lurch. Oh well, moving on. I will check out ATK Eagle!

Rossignol said:
and if youre Oli, Vampires out in the PNW!!! :lol:

What sux is when a vampire actually gets a hold of a Sasquatch......and then that bloodthirsty Sasquatch mates with a wolf....nothing is scarier in the woods and it makes you super thirsty running from them....that’s why I wear a genuine CamelBak hydration system. I bet I could outfit that vest with about 30 wooden spikes

Sounds tricky to negotiate that kind of terrain! Your gonna need like, 30 wooden, silver clad spikes and some sort of anti-bigfoot non-mating call thingy...

On an almost related note, there is a small feed store here that sells bigfoot tracking supplies.

The Delta-5 arrived yesterday! I have a ton of stuff goin on, but I'm goin to try and get some good info up on this today yet! I'm impressed with it though! Its solid and feels like it will carry and wear really well with weight on it!

My GI pistol belt went on swimmingly and there is a ton of adjustment!

More info and pics will be along soon!

Wow, all this time and no pics?

Well I have a few for you from the field!!!

I think the black and orange look great together! :D
CamelBak_Delta5Small.jpg

Oh yeah, I'm hot! Not loaded down here, but on my right side I have a 12 shell MOLLE pouch and on my left is my Mudinyeri EDC first aid kit! It also carries 3 liters of water!!! No more water bottles taking up space!
Me_n_Ivy_01Small.jpg

Told ya blaze orange and black looks good! ;) Ally got a pick of me walkin along the brush tryin to flush a bird. You can see my flag patch on the back, there is velcro across the width of the back and also on each side of the chest. The other thing you can see in this pic are the adjustment straps on my left side there. There really is enough adjustment for just about anyone! Ok, I cant take it in enough for Allison, all 95 lbs of here, but I dont even have it adjusted half way out for me!
Me_WalkinSmall.jpg

Thanks to my wonderful girlfriend I am now the proud owner of a CamelBak Delta-5 vest as well!

WooHoo! She pretty awesome man, the rifle and now this!

Looks like a good product, Brad. Does it have a drag handle (at the top of the vest in the back)? That's one of the must-have's for me on a vest.

Back