• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

CamelBak Delta-5, ***UPDATED W/ PICS***

Re: CamelBak Delta-5

Yeah, What Dan said! Its darn solid too!

What color did you get, the black?

Dan, I'm thinkin on account of her bein so awesome, You should probably marry her.

I got the black too! Pretty much the only color I wear. I certainly plan to marry this one!

Been forever since I updated this thread! I've been carryin the Delta-5 with me everytime I've hunted and gone shooting!!!

I've got some pics to add to this thread along with a little more description. Please excuse thats its kinda like a patchwork quilt. I've not tried to keep everything the same color as much as adding useful stuff when I find it at good prices, def not payin retail!

Kinda an overview shot here, I've pretty well got the front of the vest covered, Below Old Glory I have what I believe is a BlackHawk 25 round shell holder though I have two PMags in mine. Next to the shell holder is a pouch that says Coast. Its a Coast Products light and the pouch has a strap on the back that detaches at one end so it can be threaded into MOLLE webbing. Next to that is a Coast Products roller bearing spring action knife with a 4" blade. Finally below those is a 12 round shell pouch from VooDoo Tactical I painted in an attemp to recreate an ATACS look...
The right side is covered up with my Specter Gear (I believe) full size MOLLE pistol holster, and next to that is my MudInYerI EDC, first aid kit plus some nice extras!
100_6713Small.jpg

100_6723Small.jpg

100_6719Small.jpg

The vest has provision to mount to any web belt with QR or SR buckles (or any buckle I guess) up to 2" wide. I have some ALICE stuff on my belt like a 2 magazine pouch for my 1911 and a compass pouch.
100_6720Small.jpg

Here what I wanna show yall, is the grippy surface with piping on each side for shouldering and seating a firearm. Also, there is velcro (hook and loop) surfaces on each side as well as grab handles and D rings. You can see where I have the drinking tube routed through the adjustment sleeve on the left side.
100_6728Small.jpg

And here the bite valve and shut off valve which I generally keep tucked like this into the webbing. The bladder is the 3 litre (100 oz., just more than a gallon) Omega WaterBeast which is treated with the antibacterial stuff and the tube is fully covered in the neoprene to help prevent freezing and it also keeps light from water in the tube to further help prevent bacteria from setting up.
100_6753Small.jpg

Heres the backside, also fully covered with MOLLE webbing. I have a small pouch on mine which I use for boxes of ammo for now.
100_6731Small.jpg

All the width adjustment is done with three straps on each side using the slide buckles. All the extra strap on each is taken up by rolling it along its length and using the incorporated/integrated hook and loop closures to hold everything tight and in place. Mine has yet to slip and the adjustment is generous!
100_6735Small.jpg

Big panel of hook and loop backing again for IDor whatever you wanna do with it. Also pictured here is the reinforced drag handle, see the large stitched circles on either side below the handle?
100_6738Small.jpg

The back is padded and the channel is to help with ventilation. Its helps but does not prevent.
100_6745Small.jpg

The front panels are mesh construction with both a zippered pocket and hook and loop closure pocket on both sides! Pockets are big enough to carry a full sized map folded properly. And gloves. And some snacks, like skittles or something. But not chocolate, that would be really messy in short order.
100_6739Small.jpg

Last thing I'm gonna show you here. The zipper you see is the acces to the water bladder. Also contained in there are the slides for the height adjustment wich runs up through the sleeves, the opening of which you can see there in the pic above the zipper. Again, lotsa adjustment.
100_6746Small.jpg

Thanks man! The stuff you did with yours has inspired me to get back to this finally!

I'm actually thinkin bout sellin this one and gettin one in foliage. The black is cool, but it certainly doesnt blend in any kinda way. Sticks out like sore thumb in the field grass but goes well with the multicam, like what I had on that short video I posted recently!

I've actually not ever had water in this one and really its in new condition. Its been worn for short periods at a time but otherwise stored...

Yeah, I'll be looking to put together an A-TACS rig next. I like the versatility of the color/pattern...

Have you seen the ATACS Foliage?

Heres the ATACS BDU style;
f5454-propper-bdu-style-atacs-jacket.jpg

And this is the ATACS-FG (foliage) in the BDU;
f5454-propper-bdu-style-atacs-fg-jkt.jpg

Check this out, this is why I wanna go with more multicam and the Delta-5 in foliage rather than black!

Attachments

• Multicam_FieldGrass.JPG
    Multicam_FieldGrass.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 520
Very very nice! You might want to consider adding an IFAK (Improved First Aid Kit) to your belt too.

DHonovich said:
I love the multi-cam.

Thanks, it works great in my parts!

Kodiak said:
Very very nice! You might want to consider adding an IFAK (Improved First Aid Kit) to your belt too.

Yep, I have that MudInYerI EDC wich is also a FAK, its the coyote brown zippered pouch on the vests left side. On the back, that small buttpack usually carries a few more things too. I have a larger buttpack I wanna put on there though that will carry more. Good eye Kodiak!

Kodiak! After the point you made about the IFAK, I added the Condor MOLLE butt pack to my vest as I started the paint project, instead of the small pack that was on there.

100_6840Small.jpg

I'll get pics of what all is in there in a week maybe, but for now I'll make mention of it;

The small outside pocket to the left carries about 20 12 ga. slugs, center outside pocket has 100 rounds of 5.56, the right outside pocket has in it 4 1" stainless steel shackles and 100' of 550 paracord.

Top outside zippered pocket on the flap is a knife sharpener, open the flap and there is another zippered pocket. In that are small things like lip balm and loose stuff... odds and ends gauze pads, solar blanket, and at least two compression bandages.

Main compartment is all the heavy first aid stuff, blood clot, trauma bandages, instant cold compress, scissors, hemostats... things to deal with large bleeding wounds, etc. Minor first aid too... bandaids, aspirin, more bandages and tape and gauze ...

I actually split everything to two different packs. Another small backpack has become a dedicated first aid bag which has always goes with us, but for a long time I kept other odds and ends in it too.

Back to the Delta-5, there is still a decent bit of room on it and I plan to get a "warbelt" to go with it soon like the HSGI MOLLE belt to help support subloads...

Back