• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Camo~ patterns and techniques for firearms, bows and gear

I use camo fabric tape and a turkey call…. but I have much better luck at a supermarket lol

Station, 12th car ?.......do you need help to get out of there ?......I hit at least one turnkey a week with my truck and I try to miss. You need to migrate far away, surprised someone didn't shoot you on accident

One of the keys to hunting is shutting your face lol......as much as I would spoon with you I'm not watching 15 minutes of you being a political prisoner.

Anyway, tape is cool........ever take it off ? , is it a big adhesive mess when you do ?

LMAO…. dude… a 5 minute hug from your meat hooks is plenty enough

It's the mcnett fabric tape that kinda clings to itself. Very little if any residue but I don't keep it on for very long (maybe a month).

Fun topic.

Here are some that I have done over the years. Some for fun and personal reasons, some professionally for other folks. Not all of the pictures are all that great because some are before the digital age of camera's and were scanned from actual photo's from a 35mm camera, so some detail clarity is lost.

water immersion
sixeight004.jpg

headhuntercamo009.jpg

pmag10002.jpg

cleaningars004.jpg

Duracoat and other finishes including socom black molyb on the M82A1

Old school desert
megacloseupaimpoint.jpg

mega_finished_modern_desert_back-1.jpg

modern_3_color_desert_SKS_stock.jpg

Chocolate Chip Desert
SKSandaccysfolded.jpg

Desert Stripe
desert_stripe_custom.jpg

ACU
ACUcompleteright.jpg

digital'ish
huntingpicsandvideo2014007_zps638d504f.jpg

single and multiple colors
mossberg500003.jpg

dogtrouble021_zps33de75f7.jpg

82A1barrelmarking.jpg

Barret82A1M.jpg

Widowmakersecurityphoto.jpg

memorycarddumpshooting043.jpg

closeup.jpg

LR3001-2.jpg

DSCN4918.jpg

longrangermeddefroad1024x768.jpg

Some of the first snakeskin patterns ever done were by yours truly
Desert Crawler
DesertCrawlerinTucson.jpg

Copper Crawler
coppercrawler1022.jpg

coppercralwer_race_logo.jpg

Timber Crawler
yellowtimberrattlereotech.jpg

LMAO…. dude… a 5 minute hug from your meat hooks is plenty enough

It's the mcnett fabric tape that kinda clings to itself. Very little if any residue but I don't keep it on for very long (maybe a month).
oh ok , like the sports tape in a way ?

I have shared these before but since there is a thread dedicated to camo, yall get to see em again.
Rustoleum Sponge Paint Camo

Been convincing myself sponge is my next technique.....any advice ?

oli my advice would be DO IT!
Make sure the gun is real clean before you start.
I use Fantastic and paper towels.
The best thing about this technique is if at any time something happens to the finish, the repair of the finish takes about 2 minutes.

I'm Skeered ....I might have to hold my first poll and let MO decide the fate of my pistol
If you dont like the way it comes out then you can always get some gas or thinner and take it off.
I would do some "Google Fu" and search the internet for pics of sponge paint camo. I did before I ever attempted it.
Helped convince me that I wanted to do it on a hunting gun.

If you dont like the way it comes out then you can always get some gas or thinner and take it off.
I would do some "Google Fu" and search the internet for pics of sponge paint camo. I did before I ever attempted it.
Helped convince me that I wanted to do it on a hunting gun.
i'll do that

No problem brother...lookin' forward to pics of your completed project !

Back