• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Camo~ patterns and techniques for firearms, bows and gear

Hopefully it'll work for hunting. Maybe the deer and things won't mind.

I'm not able to make it out to where I hunt today. Truth be told I'm not feeling too good. There have been a lot of folks here with the flu and colds and sinus infections and other things and I've tried to stay away from stuff much as I can, but that's impossible to do.

But here are a few pics out in the yard.

crossbow camo natural light 001.JPG
crossbow camo natural light 002.JPG
crossbow camo natural light 003.JPG

Thank you gentlemen. Much appreciated.

I've been on a small kick trying lately to get some new arrows and some rage broadheads and some illuminated nocks while nothing is in season and everything is on clearance and low demand.

I got the xbow last year off of MikeD and was able to hunt with it several times last year, but I think I'm going to be spending a lot more time in a tree with it if all goes well in the fall.

John, that is freaking awesome!!!!!

You've got it down. I may have to ship you a bow for dipping as I cannot make anything but a sticky mess when I attempt it. LOL

I've had a few of those occasions too MikeD.

After you dip it, you have to spray it off with warm water to remove the sticky film.

I've had a few of those occasions too MikeD.

After you dip it, you have to spray it off with warm water to remove the sticky film.

Did that but the sticky film is the pattern, when I rinse it, it all comes off I'm doing something wrong with water temp, activator, etc. I did everything exactly as I could find in umpteen YT videos.

I went through an entire roll of film just trying to do my 835 receiver. Either they send me the wrong activator for the film or I'm doing something horribly wrong. I screwed up and ordered from some industrial place that would not give me any help unless I paid to take their very expensive classes. I accept I'm dip impaired, we all can't be good at everything. LOL

Thank you. Just something I enjoy doing a lot.

@sherifflittle How did you do that paint? I want to do my 500 and maybe another as well and I like those a lot, in fact several I've seen on here that are similar in style, they all look sweet!

I've posted these ones of my Rem 700 before but thought I'd throw em in again for this thread.

Rattle can job...wiped entire stock with alcohol to prep. Base coat of the Krylon drab olive. Then about 8 layers of varying desert tan, black and the drab olive. Used native foliage to get the patterns, alternating light and dark colors to get a shadowing and blurred effect to the patterns.

Let each layer dry for about an hour, layers were very light spray. Temp was pushing 85F the day I did mine. Hung it for about 24 hours to dry. Took it to a friend who matte clear coated it for me and set it to bake in a small cabinet with 100watt bulb for about 8 hours.

Not nearly as nice as some of the ones you fellers have done...but not too shabby for a first attempt I s'pose.

Note...rifle was disassembled and masked off for painting.

image.jpg image.jpg

Back