• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Camo~ patterns and techniques for firearms, bows and gear

I've posted these ones of my Rem 700 before but thought I'd throw em in again for this thread.

Rattle can job...wiped entire stock with alcohol to prep. Base coat of the Krylon drab olive. Then about 8 layers of varying desert tan, black and the drab olive. Used native foliage to get the patterns, alternating light and dark colors to get a shadowing and blurred effect to the patterns.

Let each layer dry for about an hour, layers were very light spray. Temp was pushing 85F the day I did mine. Hung it for about 24 hours to dry. Took it to a friend who matte clear coated it for me and set it to bake in a small cabinet with 100watt bulb for about 8 hours.

Not nearly as nice as some of the ones you fellers have done...but not too shabby for a first attempt I s'pose.

Note...rifle was disassembled and masked off for painting.

View attachment 8024 View attachment 8023

Nicely done Sir...

John...your bow came out frigin cool. I really like it.
Yeah...real nice job John. Makes mine look pathetic!!:oops:

Far too complicated a process for me...I'd just bugger it up.

Thanks, you guys have all done some really cool work on your firearms and otherwise!

That video is helpful, looks easier than I had expected

I'd like to do a camo job on my 715. If I mess it up it won't be hard to clean off. It's all plastic. I just need to figure out what kind of camo pattern and the colors to make it...

I have been talked into doing a marine digital'ish woodland camo on a savage mkII.

Actually, they asked for ACU, but I hate those colors. I've yet to see those colors camouflage anything.

The Marine digital looks good on everything.:)

Looking forward to this project and the pics.

Thanks for the compliments gentlemen.

But after staring at it a while this evening, it was just missing something, so I looked up the pattern online and decided to add some creamy brown color to it. I found a can of brown boots krylon and it looks more like it should to me now.

digital marine style camo 009.JPG

JT and Harleigh 024.JPG

JT and Harleigh 016.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks.

It'll do for a little pack gun or squirrel gun.

It's one of the older MkII's, so nothing really fancy is necessary. Just a little plinker.

I like it John! Nice lil firearm!!

The stock on that one looks almost the identical shape to my lil Winchester-Cooey 64B.image.jpg

Back