1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Camo~ patterns and techniques for firearms, bows and gear

Discussion in 'The Workbench: Builds And Modifications' started by oli700, Jan 17, 2015.

1. old mossy

old mossy Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Nice fence!!!:D
    oli700 likes this.
  2. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Looks great man...
    oli700 likes this.
  3. oli700

oli700 12g Supporter "Philanthropist"

little pay back for all the times he didn't listen to me lol.....it didn't hurt a thing

[​IMG]
    John A., Rossignol, old mossy and 2 others like this.
  4. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Oooh...Now I see it.. ;)

Very cool man. It looks badass....
    oli700 likes this.
  5. dieselmudder

dieselmudder .30-06 Elite Member "Philanthropist"

I'm jelly.
    oli700 likes this.
  6. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator Sponsor

It looks great! And that's the highlander?
    oli700 likes this.
  7. oli700

yep all Highlander , crappy pic
    Rossignol likes this.
  8. oli700

little on the light side but it will probably work decent in the desert on the East side of the Cascades

up close

[​IMG]

20ft

[​IMG]
    MikeD, ripjack13, Rossignol and 3 others like this.
  9. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

That's awesome!

It really disappears in there...
    old mossy likes this.
  10. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

There he goes again....posting random pix of trees n stuff. ;)

Oli...that looks awesome. It really does. You must be happier than a kid in a candy store....
  11. Rossignol

@oli700 How's the hydrodip holding up?

I just saw something of interest from GunSkins on their Instagram account. It's a worn pattern available in FDE, OD, and white. Unfortunately it's availability is limited to AR rifles as well as pistols and also the "gear skins" pack. GunSkins says if there's enough interest in it, it may be expanded to other platforms.

image.jpg image.jpg
  12. John A.

John A. Unconstitutional laws are not laws. Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

I'll be honest here. I don't really like that.

Just spray paint a gun and sand half of it back down with a brillo pad.
  13. oli700

its good, getting wear on the rail where I take the bipod on and off.

there are spots where i thought I should have lost it but didn't. one in particular I dropped it hard enough on an exposed rock, on the butt, that it sounded like the barrel was still vibrating after it landed . Thought that had to leave a mark but no, the entire butt plate was unscathed,I don't run a rubber butt pad

It has beat all the camo off the brass deflector ........

I think its going to be fine mostly....I am not convinced cleaning/lube isn't going to affect it . It did "soak in" some CLP .....where does it go ?....

My son wants to redo it because he thinks the rail and shell deflector shouldn't be doing that and fears it wont hold up but really I dont care. Its camo, it gets the piss shot out of it, dropped , kicked.....whatever.....pick it up and shoot moa lol.....as long as it shoots . If any one coments on the beat up gun I'll embarrass them with it

I think if you can get a deal on hydro then do it , if it is in the realm of the cost of paint ......I would still rather have the paint
    LTB45 and Rossignol like this.
  14. Rossignol

I like it in this case because its not permanent. Should one use the GunSkins and not dig it, it can be removed. Otherwise rattle can would be less expensive and accomplish the same thing. I'm not brave enough to just paint a gun. I envy those of you out there who are! :)
  15. oli700

it is no different than painting anything else......look at it as a bunch of metal.....comes off with thinner in 10 minutes, back to oem .

butt plate ....

[​IMG]
    WNCmotard and Rossignol like this.
  16. Rossignol

Still looks good
  17. aksavanaman

aksavanaman Work In Progress... Supporter "Philanthropist"

This is probably my best Krylon rattle can job. I've paid to have things cerakoted and duracoated... but I for the money... really just can't beat rattle caning. If you do your part in prepping the surface (brake cleaner and denatured alcohol) bake your parts at 180 Degrees for a couple hours it'll last a good while. Although I do have to admit... my krylon jobs are purely for aesthetics, not as a rust preventative. Used three colors (Khaki, brown and OD green) and a laundry bag for the snake skin effect.

DSC_0058.JPG

DSC_0059.JPG
  18. John A.

John A. Unconstitutional laws are not laws. Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

I used fish net stockings for the snakeskin effect.
  19. oli700

very nice.....and the rifle, wow!

-1 for exposing the the advertisement :p......gear whore 101
    aksavanaman likes this.
  20. Rossignol

That's baller.