• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Can you see it?

Wrenches

.270 WIN
Long ago I bought three 20rd boxes of Winchester PDX1 9mm 124 +Ps. Luckily it was the very first round that my Sigma's slide failed to close completely. I thought WTF ?? and I couldn't pull the slide back, it was stuck.

So I had to go to my backyard with my rubber mallet and tapped the slide shut then I got the slide to pull back. What I saw had me going WTF ?? again. I went through the 3 boxes and found five of these.

Do you see it? The five is next to the two normal rounds.

Appears to be a different bullet as the taper is different. Or is it just not seated? Hard to tell from the pick as they appear to be the same OAL as the good ones.

They do seem to have the profile for a 38/357.

Do you by chance have a bullet puller and/or scale. I wonder if they are even the same weight as the good rounds.

I tried my sis's diet scale that reads in grams. Since I couldn't read a single round I put 5 each time. They both read the same.

I don't know if that was good enough.

Luck for you the differences are enough for your gun to not function. A good example to bring up for anyone who says you do not need quality control or systems as well as looking at production systems to make sure you have accounted for every possible idiot factor and then some. The worry is this one you can see, what about the ones that you can't, good reason to roll your own.

Just my thoughts

Merv

I think you got 125-gr PDX1 bullets meant for a .38-Spl +P load that somehow found their way into the 9mm production line. Contact Winchester. They'll give you new boxes of ammo to replace the faulty boxes. Have the packaging with you because there is a LOT # on the paper label on the plastic box somewhere and they will ask you for that.

Call 'em and ask if you can email somebody at Winchester the photos. They will make it right.

That was months ago. Anyway, I contacted Olin and they ignored me. Winchester referred them to me.

There was some uproar from the employees over moving the company and this may have been sabotage.

I'm staying out of it.

If there were only five with the incorrect bullet out of all the boxes you bought that might be the least hassle on you if you want to just stay "out of it".

If you are comfortable with the ramainder being good carry ammo......

Back