• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Cannot Seat GG&G Charging Handle?

Leigh

Copper BB
No problem with factory but oversized GG&G doesn't seam to want to get under that detent (HD model bead front sight).

Unfortunately, I found out the hard way yesterday at the range. I am a Lefty and thank goodness for eye protection as the "projectile" left a pretty wicked abrasion and bruise under my eye!

I previously disassembled the entire weapon for cleaning, lubing. Have replaced Choate tube with Nordic +2 and I have a couple OR3Guns parts in it, otherwise it is stock.

The cut out area of the factory handle vs. the GG&G look slightly different; could it (GG&G) be out of spec?

I'm hesitant to place it back in the bolt, once bitten and all of that..........

Suggestions welcomed. Thanks!

I would contact GGG and send them a picture of it and have them look at it.

If it is a GGG issue, that would be the most logical place to start.

I'm glad you didn't get hurt.

Or hurt worse than it was at least.

Honestly, I'd look at the factory detent pin & spring assembly. Strip the bolt down, blow some carb cleaner through the bolt handle port, and up the backside of the retaining pin hole. Depress the pin, using a punch. It should move freely and easily. Insert the factory handle, then try the GG&G. Some 200 grit wet/dry sand paper and needle files can get you where you want to be, if the clean out doesn't improve things.

Back