• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

canted bead sight

ybrik

Folks,

Is this something I could fix?
Is this beadsight just on loctite or soldered? I could not tell.

And even if removed, was it just installed not right and but threaded straight so as the base to get flushed with the barrel?

This is your new 590? It is under warrantee if you want to call Mossberg.

Not sure of your mechanical ability and what you will find once you take it out.

With that said I would give our contact a call and see what he suggests.

email him and the pics and tell him you are from here.

I'm sure he will help you out.

Joseph Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

Please keep us posted.

^^^Id try that first.

That nut should be flat against the barrel. It looks to me like it was cross threaded going in. It may be possible to run a 5/40 tap in it to clean the threads and try again.

old mossy, I will try to email him, hope I could get help.
Yes this is a new 590A1. It has a rusted chamber, rusted action slide and this canted bead sight.
Their warranty contact here in Canada has a policy to sent the whole rifle in even if it's just a part that has an issue, and they don't give shipping labels.

The dealer I bought this sent me a return shipping label but I like this rifle and models like this are quite hard to come by here.

I'm not comfortable removing the bead sight as I might introduce another problem like if it breaks while removing it.

I would email him and explain everything to him and see what he recommends.

Keep us posted.

Why deal with the hassle of warranty? Easy fix, just remove it and reinstall it straight. Yes it looks like it started to cross thread but I bet it will go right in. Just a drop of blue loctite and you're all set. Take all of 90 seconds.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

I could have done it but there are other issues as well that warranty needs to look at, a rusty action slide and chamber.

Not sure how the rust is a warranty issue. It wasn't rusty when you got it 2yrs before you finally decided to open it. But ok.

I would email him and explain everything to him and see what he recommends.

Keep us posted.

So I emailed Joseph and got a reply the next morning that there's nothing much he can do as the A1 is in Canada but he will find out.
But then I sent an email to mossberg Canada service on their website and got a reply as well. I was dealing with international sales manager and explained her I would love to have a shipping label. Then she had one arranged with Grech Outdoors (authorized Canadian service centre).
I dropped it off yesterday and I think I won't expect it until the end of this month due to the holidays. I just hope everything checks out when it comes back, the sights, the action tube and a clean chamber.

Update: So I still haven't got the A1 yet so I called Grech Outdoors and I was told the heavy barrel needs to be replaced.
So it's on order but no ETA. Good to hear that but I really hope that the barrel replacement would not have another rusts in the chamber as I read on some members who had those experience.
Good thing and I suppose the canted bead sight will not be an issue anymore with the new barrel.

It may be possible to run a 5/40 tap in it to clean the threads and try again.

This ^^^^... Note that a 5-40 tap is NOT something you will find in your local hardware store. I got a couple from MSC Industrial along with some other "gun" sizes that I can't think of at the moment...

Folks, I got the A1 yesterday. Work order says they re barrel and fired 10 test shots by Grech Outdoors.
It's great they replaced the barrel! I was only able tell it's a new one as I took pics of the old barrel with 3 digits stamped on it, "1 7 4" and what I have now is "1 7 6".
What do these digits signify? I'm also certain it's heavy walled as I measured the thickness @ muzzle end 0.101".
So with the new barrel, the bead sight is now seated perfect! But the action slide was not replaced. I have yet to see if they did work on the inside of that tube to address the rusts issue.

Will post pics later.

Back